“quality stay for the money”

Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We recently traveled to Raleigh for a girls basketball tournament (about 35of us), the hotel was perfect location to all of our venues. The accomodations of this hotel were excellent including the very friendly and helpful staff. The king and double suite rooms were very large and to our suprise offered a full kitchen. (Very helpful when traveling with teams).
The hotel lobby /lounge area was very well decorated and huge, with enough area to accomodate several teams along with regular hotel guest. We will definitely stay here again! Comfort, friendliness, cleanliness and location go along way in our eyes.
Thank you to the hotel staff!

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank bballmom15u
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)

Reviewed 22 April 2010

We travel a great deal and this hotel is by far our favorite!! Oversized rooms are spotless, whirpool tub is so relaxing, lobby looks like a mountain resort, and best of all.. they welcome our two dogs with open arms! The staff is ALWAYS very friendly and goes out of their way to accomodate your every need. You can be at the RBC Center or the Horse center within 2 mins and the traffic leaving is directed towards an easy return. We've stayed at the Comfort Inn across the street from RBC and the Marriot Hotels at Crabtree. This Hampton Inn & Suites beats them hands down in quality of room, size of room, cleanliness, friendly staff... and... it's LESS expensive!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SABall
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I've stayed at several Hampton Inns and similar hotels in the Raleigh area. This is one of the best-- I usually stay here if available when I visit my company's research center on NCSU's Centennial Campus. I've also had customers stay here. The location is very handy to NC State, arena, stadium and RDU. It's fairly quiet, the rooms are comfortable, with the normal dependable Hampton bed and alarm clock, flat screen and Wi-Fi (54mB). The staff has always been friendly and helpful. In addition to the standard HI breakfast, they also have evening snacks. The only mediocre aspect of this facility is the fitness center-- small and crowded (though better equipped than many HI's where I've stayed). They said they'd be renovating it sometime this year. One can find sidewalk and streets on which to get in a decent run around the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues as a good stay and a good value.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Speedchick
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I am always greeted by name when I arrive at this hotel. They are quick to offer you some bottled water and a cookie while you are checking in. If you forget your toothpaste like I did one time they have a wide range of items for free to help you out. The staff is friendly and if you are unhappy with your room for any reason they are willing to help you resolve the problem. Very convenient to I-40 so you can get anywhere in there area with ease.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank patriots81
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I have stayed here many times over the last few years. This stay was good, staff was excellent. The lounge area is very warm and relaxing. The rooms are starting to show their age. I had a suite and one of the heaters did not work, the other one did - so not the end of the world and I didn't report it until check out - I didn't want any maint in my room at 11pm. There are some cosmetic damages to the cabinets - not a deal killer though.
I would stay here again, although will probably pick a different Hampton/Hilton property next time in RTP.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Hortkie
Reviewed 26 November 2009

My husband and I stayed here while moving our daughter to NC State. The location was very convenient for us.

The rooms were very clean. The staff was very pleasant. Nice outdoor patio/pool area.

Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Nice hotel comfy and clean, staff was very helpful and accommodating. We came up for a hockey game (GO CAPS!) at the RBC Center it was not walking distance but in the car it only took maybe 10 min. to get to. The was a nice shopping mall area pretty close by that would be good if you wanted to go shopping or just get something to eat. There is a gas station on the property and the hotel has a place you can buy snacks at also. Breakfast is usual deal but was nice and hot they had a little bit of everything. The lobby is really very nice with lots of seating if you are there to just wait or just to relax they have a nice fireplace area. The room we had had one king bed a Jacuzzi + shower it’s very nice a full kitchen and I think it had a sofa bed but we never used it. Very comfy and clean like I said, plenty of parking not a problem at all. We loved this hotel and would stay again when we come back up for another hockey game. I was very pleased with it!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple