“A late night check-in”

Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Springboro, Ohio, United States
“A late night check-in”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

With a long trip and arriving late, bed was comfortable but pretty much just slept & ran....Average hotel. Ran short on breakfast with an hour to go still. Front desk people were nice. I've stayed here before & most likely would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sherry T
BWRaleigh, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the staff provided great service. We are making exciting new changes to our breakfast to better improve the presentation and items. I hope that you will stay with us again in the very near future. Thank you for your business.

Michael Dillon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
swansboro, nc, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

The only problem was finding the Motel, the sign was not easy to see if traveling North on Capital Blvd. Staff was helpful with directions and recommendation for restaurants and to evenings venue. Room was quieter than most located along a major highway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Kerry P
Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Raleigh North Downtown. I was pleased to read that the staff was very helpful and that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that if you return to Raleigh for any future events, that you will stay with us again. Thank you for your business.

Oviedo, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were in town for the Rock and Roll Marathon and went to bed early, since we had to be up around 4 am. Our next door neighbors AND the people above us were opening their sliding glass door all night - we counted and the people next door opened it and shut it five times in one minute. We could also hear them talking, every single word, but that died down around midnight.

The area is less than appealing and there are signs up all over the parking lot about not being responsible for break ins. I'm sure they put them up to protect themselves, but I imagine there had to be a lot of car break ins for all of those signs to go up.

I gave the two stars because the room itself was very clean and the staff was super nice at check in. It's just too bad the area and guests ruined it. I would have happily paid more to get a good nights sleep. Spend the extra couple of dollars and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amber F
BWRaleigh, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the noisy guests that kept you awake in advance of the marathon. We do have security on site during the overnight hours that patrol the entire property. We do not have a problem with theft at the hotel. The signs in the parking lot are similar to many malls,restaurants and shopping area parking lots . They are in place to communicate that any fender bender accidents,car scratches,break ins or dents are not the responsibility of the hotel. We take the security of our guests and staff very seriously and spend countless training hours with the staff to make sure that the hotel is safe. Raleigh will be hosting more Marathon events in the near future and I hope you will give our hotel another chance.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is excellent and the staff is awesome. I have stayed at many different hotels in Raleigh and this one is the best hands down! They have never let me down not once, even if there is a problem it becomes no problem. If you remember the TV show Cheers and in the theme song it says " Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot. Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows Your name. You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same, You wanna go where everybody knows your name."

This song is just like the experience you get at this hotel! Truth has come to you~

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was pleased at the kind words that you stated from the theme song to Cheers. The words in that song are the exact goals of our hotel. We work very hard to train the staff to make the environment of the hotel a friendly,warm and welcoming place. Clearly in this case our extensive training worked very well. I hope that you will join us again the next time you visit Raleigh.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was in room 225 and it was spotless, quiet, and I don't know why someone complained about the stairs when there are elevators to the upper floors. I heard NO noise, and everyone from the desk clerk to the housekeepers were friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar had everything you could want for breakfast, from donuts to biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, pancakes, great tasting muffins! I have traveled a lot and stayed in many hotels, motels, inns, etc . This was all I could ask for, made my trip to Raleigh a very nice visit. I told my granddaughter who is going to recommend this motel to all her relatives and friends who come to visit. I am very happy with my stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms in back building will be quieter than front building.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Best Western Raleigh North Downtown. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. We have worked very hard over the past year improving our Breakfast and we have new exciting changes coming to the breakfast in the next few weeks. I hope that you will join us again in the very near future. Thank you for your business.

upper marlboro, md, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you're looking for good service and need a assistance, this is NOT the place for you. My business partners and I(ages 55+) stayed in room 243 - a separate building from main hotel. We had to struggle up two flights of stairs with luggage, extra sheets & towels. Too many people hanging around outside sitting on cars smoking and sitting on stairways smoking. Not a horrible place, but no where I want to ever stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWRaleigh, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Best Western Raleigh North Downtown. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. The rooms in our back building are the largest rooms and can accomodate guests with multiple people in the rooms. The building has two floors and does not have an elevator. We have just hired Security for our property that will be patrolling the interior and exterior of our property and has been tasked to eliminate people from loitering in our lot or having informal gatherings around the vehicles. We are also in the final stages of adding more lighting to our lot. These two items will help us continue to be a leader in the safety and security of our guests in the Raleigh Hotel industry.

Easley, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We liked the cost and proximity to downtown. It was off a major highway so there was a lot of highway noise but that was to be expected if you have a room that isn't in the building next to the highway you won't have that problem. Room was clean and bed comfortable to sleep in. Breakfast was really good - lots of choices from pancakes to biscuits to oatmeal to yogurt and cereal. Coffee was not good but there are lots of teas to choose from and a Dunkin Donuts next door.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Best Western Raleigh North Downtown. I was pleased to read that you received great value and enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your opinion on our coffee, as we are always listening to our guests and the items that they would like us to improve on. Coffee will be something we will closely monitor and make necessary changes. I hope the next time you visit Raleigh you will stay with us again. Thank you for your business.