“Just what we needed”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #56 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We just stayed at this hotel for two nights over graduation weekend, and I was pretty pleased with the experience. We stayed in the king suite with jacuzzi tub--the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. My husband used the fitness room and said it was adequate. The front desk was very accommodating when we requested to change our second night's reservations to remain in the king suite (we were supposed to move to a double due to rooms being completely booked at the time I reserved). Our room was available, and with a low surcharge to make up for the price difference between the double and the king, we were all set. The next morning, I found that choice hotels had charged my card for the prepaid double room, and the front desk seemed very confused and could not explain why. It turned out that the charge was only an authorization and never posted to my account, but it was annoying that no one could explain it to me. My husband's only complaint about the hotel was that the eggs and sausage on our first morning (which were in a food warmer) were extremely cold. There is a microwave at the breakfast area, but we haven't used one in over 5 years and didn't want to start now...also the only plates provided are Styrofoam, which you shouldn't be putting in a microwave in the first place. Overall, as a budget hotel, this place met our needs, with a few hiccups along the way. I really do recommend the king suite.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kara H

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Booked this hotel online and the photos showed a decent place, but once arrived you can clearly see the place is not maintained very. Stained carpets throughout, elevator was disgusting, toilet in the room was not cleaned initially. With so many nicer places to stay in Raleigh, this was a sad disappointment in what was once a decent place. No issues with safety or security and desk clerk was friendly. I will not book here again and may not ever go to a Comfort Inn again...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KFJames71
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for business. It was alright. Better than I expected from the pictures, but still needs some work. The staff was helpful and friendly. The location is not great. The walls needs to be cleaned. The shower leaked. The room needs some help!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our room was clean but I feel it has not been renovated for a while. The breakfast is very good. The scrambled eggs were fairly bland but it is rare you get them with a free breakfast. Check in and check out was very easy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Glenn G
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Comfort Inns are budget hotels, that said the place is above average. The only oddity was the other guest; I don't think some of them get out in public much. Room was clean and appeared to have been recently renovated. The lady that operated the breakfast area was fun; polite woman that was willing to chat and polite.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JReece28387
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

The room was decent and cleaned. They could've dusted the curtains! Since I only stayed one night because I was passing through, it was ok. Free continental breakfast! The coffee was horrible! Waffles were great and the fresh fruit. I would stay again but only for one night!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suggadumpling
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had an awesome stay at your hotel. It was very clean and the staff was nice and friendly. The beds were so comfy. The amenities there were appreciated and we were very grateful for that. We have recommended this hotel to many of our friends. Also a big thank you to the lady at the front desk that gave us direction to this amazing restaurant!! Thanks again staff at comfort inn at Raleigh NC

• Stayed: October 2013