“Room with a problem”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW
Ranked #28 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before without a problem. However, when we stayed here last week, we were given a room on the second floor on a corner by the elevator. I believe the room number was 211. It is a physically challenged room even though we did not request one. There was hardly any counter space in the bathroom. However, the problem is noise. When the elevator is operating, there is a very large noise and vibration in the room. It doesn't come from the outside, it actually is noise from the mechanism that operates the elevator and envelops the whole room. We didn't sleep at all that night. We checked in and unpacked, then left for dinner. We were not aware until we returned and were too tired to ask for a change. We thought the noise would stop with nonuse of the elevator during later hours but that didn't happen. This hotel was quite busy and we felt like generally, the service was not as good as when we stayed there a year ago. If you stay here, ask to be far away from the elevator. As for us, on our way home, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Expess near the airport in Morrisville and were very satisfied.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mustangsuzie64
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

I apologize that your stay was less than accommodating. It is our goal to ensure guests are happy with their accommodations. I am truly sad to see we fell short in this instance. Please contact me directly so I can bring some sense of resolution to this issue. Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Platinum member and I will be awaiting your contact.

Kindest regards,

919-854-0001

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Spent a night there, the hotel was very clean and the breakfast was pretty good, WIFI was free too. Close to NCSU but you need a car if you want to dine out, I think it's a great value to stay there, would choose again next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! We welcome your return visit.

Cheers,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This HI Express is only a few years old, so it is modern, clean, and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. There were multiple events going on and several big groups, but the hotel was extremely quiet. The hotel has an indoor pool and spa. I very much enjoyed getting in the spa at the end of the day. It also has a small fitness area. The location is very convenient to NC State and the downtown area. Additionally, it is right off of I-4O, aka the Raleigh Beltline, so it was very easy to jump on the interstate and get to other parts of Raleigh and Cary. I would highly recommend this location!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We share this philosophy with our parent company, IHG; “to create great hotels, guests love!” Thanks for the love, your recent accommodations, and high recommendations. See you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel was on our list during a recent business trip on hotels we could stay. It was very close to NCSU where our meeting were held. But above and beyond that it was a wonderful hotel. It was beautiful, most importantly CLEAN, and had a wonderful staff. Bill, the front desk attendant was wonderful, he was so sweet and nice. The bathrooms were very clean and the beds slept well. I very much enjoyed my experience and will most likely change my Raleigh hotel to the Holiday Inn Express NCSU! They also have a very nice/clean indoor pool & hot tub you can relax in after a long day of sitting in meetings.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank blb08
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

We work hard to be your choice for lodging when you visit the greater Raleigh area. Rests assure it only gets better from here. We welcome your future business and are appreciative of your pass business.

In hospitality,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I nit-pick rooms and I can truly say the king room we stayed in was very good. My only grievance was soap residue on the shower head and the really bright sleep button on the clock radio that was constantly on. Better than nearby Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Our goal is to please, even our toughest critics. Glad we passed. We are going to work on those small details, because as the saying goes, “the devil is in the details.” Thank you for your recent stay and your willingness to share your review.

Cheers,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

First of all I would like to commend the Staff. Manager Milton is absolutely outstanding. I had some concerns about both my and family arrival times, I was flying in and they were driving, also accomodations. Left message Milton immediately called me back, helped me through the process and had rooms for us upon arrival. Milton was so wonderful and his Staff feels the same way. Bill was so wonderful in finding a place for me to eat, and the place he recommended served really good food. And I really enjoyed talking to him. Milton, Bill and Sherrie made us feel right at home. Breakfast was very good, rooms very clean, all staff were the Greatest. And yes if and when I return to Raleigh that is the place I would like to stay and would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I was always told that if you found a job you loved you would never work again. I find that so true. The staff and I find it so rewarding we can accommodate our guest’s needs. Your review will be discussed at our next meeting to encourage our staff to continue to do the little extras that makes a guest’s stay pleasant.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We came in for the NC State Fair, and I thought that I'd booked for 2 nights, but I booked just one. They were sold-out. Milton Hamilton, the General Manager, found us a room at another Holiday Inn Express, for the same rate, booked it for us and then gave us directions. I was so impressed with him! He was polite, friendly and helpful! I will remember this hotel for the next time that I'm in Raleigh!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vict0ri
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

David Thomas once said, "Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls." Thank you for such a kind and noble review. I trust you all enjoyed NC State Fair and we hope to see you back soon!

Kindest regards,