Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Covington
“Wonderful Hotel!!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I loved this hotel! 1st steps into the door and you were welcomed with a trendy looking room. This room had your reception desk, bar, the snack bar area and in the far right a place to eat.
My children noticed the pool as soon as we walked towards the elevators, through the large windows that seperated it from the hall. The pool was great for my children as they are not old enough to know how to swim. so since the pool was only 3 feet and then a wading area on each end it was ideal for younger children.

Our room which was the 2 queen suite was a little small but it worked for us. The beds were nice and we also used the sofa bed which was really comfortable as well.
I would recommend this hotel for sure. I think it was a little pricey for the area, but well worth it just for the pool for my family.
Stay also included free made to order breakfast (which was great) and a managers reception (we did not attend).

There is a huge shopping area all around the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 March 2011

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. It was extremely clean - and I mean all areas every day. Service was excellent - all areas every day. It has everything you need for business or personal travels. Hotel staff in all areas were extremely service oriented. Rooms were perfectly furnished, and beds were extra comfy. Really can't say enough about this place. I stayed for 5 nights for a conference, and every day was the same, perfect experience. I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in Raleigh, NC.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CBurkholder
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Stayed in the two bedroom suite last night and really enjoyed it. Room was very spacious and really nice, breakfast buffet was ok.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank superstarII
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed 21 February 2011

As another previously reviewed, this is the newer modern style Embassy Suites. That means no atrium, no full-service restaurant, and a suite that isn't as roomy - or doesn't feel as roomy.

Booked a king 2-room suite. Room had a faux-wood floor, and modern decorations. Bathroom accessed from both the living room and bedroom (odd opaque bathroom door - the point is?). Living room had a computer desk, sleeper sofa, and wetbar area - small and not much extra room, but functional. Bedroom very small ... basically there was a bed and a dresser, and little place to put anything. One small adult could fit on the sides of the bad - barely. The rooms must be staggered by level, as I could hear chairs dragging on the "wood" floor above the bedroom until pretty late at night. Long story short, while I don't know the actual square footage, I'd bet that this suite is quite a bit smaller than most you'd fine at a typical, older ES ...

Manager's Reception was terrible. You are limited to 2-drinks per adult, and you have to give a voucher at each order. Snacks were similar to Chex Mix tossed into a bowl at the side of the bar - that's it. The Reception is located at the pay bar, which is problematic, as the line at 725pm was over 20 people long. Bartender was friendly, though he could have used help at the end of the shift. Why not 2 bars - one for the reception, one for paying guests?

Breakfast was also disappointing. The place was packed, which was part of the problem, but the buffet area is directly adjacent/joined to the cooked to order area, and people that weren't ordering omelets had no idea where to go or where the line was for the buffet area. Merging to the buffet from the cooked to order area was an issue (left to right), as no one knew (or cared) who was in line first. And the food was underwhelming. Staff had no control over guests handing over their meal vouchers (no one asked for mine) and instead people simply dropped theirs into a bowl at the breakfast area. A little direction or instruction would help here - because there are some serious logistical issues.

The service was hit or miss - at check-in, the clerk had zero personality but processed me smoothly. After I went to my room, I noticed that the requested cribs had no sheets. When I returned to the counter, a different clerk said it was NC law that hotels couldn't provide any sheets for cribs. Odd, since other hotels in NC have always provided me sheets. After some additional discussion, I couldn't get additional sheets, so I took them off the sleeper sofa. I don't see any such "law" after quick review so ... take it for what it is. Staff also has a perceived "up-scale" attitude which is not a plus ...

On the plus side, the pool looked great and the hotel itself is very attractive, though it is jammed behind a Hampton Inn.

Some serious design flaws, iffy service, and a lack of a comfortable suite for me and my family means I won't return. The "traditional" Embassy Suites is more my style.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank cne24
FL
Reviewed 17 February 2011

We were referred to this hotel when attending a nearby wedding, and the property is truly outstanding in all respects. It appears to be new and is clean, modern and functional in all respects. Located near (in) a shopping area. Sheltered parking, good wi-fi reception in room, a true suite configuration with two upscale flat-screen TV's, and an amazing complimentary breakfast buffet far exceeding that commonly available from other chains. All in all, a gem.

• Stayed February 2011
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I have stayed at many Embassy Suites over the years and this hotel stood out as the best of the franchise. What a great place to stay..beautiful rooms..amazing indoor pool and a great bar that allowed you to get any beverage you desired during the free happy hour period. I will be staying there every trip to Raleigh moving forward.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I recently stayed at one of the new prototype Embassy Suites hotels in Raleigh NC. I was excited to be staying in a new hotel and I love Embassy Suites. The building was attractive and the decor very modern even European. As I checked in I was told that this property was one of 3 in the US. They were the new style Embassy Suites. I was excited but when I opened the door disappointment hit me square in the eye. The room was attractive and with the exception of the floor which was some sort of wood, it was appealing. The problem was that the room was like a match box. It was tiny - smaller than a regular room in an older Hilton property and not even on the same planet as a suite. When I called the front desk to inquire about my room, he told me that my room was one of the "normal" rooms/suites. I dont mean to sound ridiculous, but the room was so small there was very little room for my luggage and computer. It was a small bedroom the bed was immediately at the door, a desk at the foot of the bed and the bathroom beside the bed. There were no chairs, sofas or any place to put anything. I understand times are tight but come on! I wish now I had stayed at the adjacent Hampton Inn. Hampton Inns get better and better and I guess Embassy Suites are becoming the new Motel 6. I will not stay at one of these again. I really like Hilton Hotels but will have no problem switching if this is what I have to look forward to after a long day of driving. If you like European boutique hotels that are about 200 square feet, this is for you. If you are like me and want a place where you can relax and kick your shoes off this is definitely not it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business