Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
new jersey
“excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at this location to attend a wedding.
Excellent breakfast. Rooms were super clean and very big.
Hotel staff is second to none.
Nice size pool.
Can't say enough great things about this locatopn.
In this area again would stay hear again in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank candymanNewJersey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Stayed here for about a week on business and the customer service from kitchen staff was terrible not to mention omelet guy was terribly nasty. Completely turned off and had to eat breakfast elsewhere every morning and evening. Much better food facilities at other Embassy Suites I have stayed at.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Charles W
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We are a family of 5 and we just completed a one night stay at this hotel. We booked in a hurry only needing a suite hotel not too far from the airport. The price was reasonable and the fact that a free hotel shuttle came to pick us up from the airport was a plus. We are former residents of the area so we were familiar with the location and the convenience to shopping. However, we weren't all that familiar with the hotel itself. Boy, were we in for a treat.

This particular Embassy Suites is reminiscent of a "boutique hotel." Upon entering the lobby there is a water feature in front of you, the check-in desk to your left and an upscale looking bar to the right.. I remember walking in and feeling very relaxed in the ambience. The hotel feels a bit fancy and quite modern. There is an indoor pool with a mushroom for the kiddies and even a jacuzzi. The suite was extremely spacious with plenty of closet space and a large bathroom. I was very impressed with this hotel. The beds were comfy and the bathrooms were quite clean. There were two things that were a bit disappointing. Our pullout sofa had crumbs down onto the linens of the bed. Still, the front desk promptly brought up linens that we quickly switched out. Also, the greeter for breakfast seemed a bit confrontational when asking us to present our key or breakfast ticket prior to entering the breakfast area. The breakfast itself was just ok. I did overhear other guests saying how good the omelettes were but I didn't try any. Overall, we would definitely stay at the Embassy Suites Brier Creek again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Arlington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I realize this is a business hotel and I do not expect resort level customer service but no maid service and bad attitudes by the front desk and their management is shocking. No joke, the music from the lobby bar is very loud and you could hear it from my room #316. When I called down at 9pm on a Thursday, I asked if anything could be done and or when the music will go off for the eve and I was told it goes until 1am every night and nothing could be done as it comes from the bar. The next day after I left my room and nodded to the housekeeper, I came back at 3:30 and called the front desk to ask if and when housekeeping would attend to my room and I was told that the last house keeper has gone for the eve but they would deliver towels. After coming back to the hotel at again at 6pm I went to the front desk to tell the manager of my experience to inform him so that others would not have to go through the same experience. The manager said he was the one I was on the call with but now a night maid was on duty and could help. I said, why didn’t not offer this earlier. The next day at checkout I was trying to get my bill cleared up when the front desk person told me that she was not sure how to fix my bill and she pulled a manager to help. I told him of my issues during my stay where he then confronted me that I just placed a bad posting on TripAdvisor and accused me of giving them a bad rating. He continued to argue with me saying that I did this when in fact I had not. I said, if I posted a bad rating while I was in your hotel how come you did not try and make it right even if it was not me. He insisted on pulling up TripAdvisor while I was at the front desk where he saw the posting was not my photo and apologized. My checkout took 45-minutes. While a very nice looking business hotel. I would never come back here again the way I was treated. The whole time I was trying to tell the two managers of the issues so they would not repeat it but no one would own up to it or try to make things better instead they were defensive and argumentative.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank TravelAsYouGo
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 1 October 2011
We deeply regret that we did not respond to the needs of this guest appropriately. The manager in question has responded directly to the guest and expressed both our collective apology and steps to insure that the guest’s needs have been met or exceeded to the best of our ability.
It remains our consistent and unwavering goal to meet and exceed guest needs, without taking a back seat to any type of hotel. Our entire team is committed to overcoming the rare misstep, learning from each circumstance, working on being better each day – we will demonstrate this to each of our valued guests, and never take that for granted. We sincerely look forward to the opportunity to share that commitment with each reader.
Lincoln, NE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed here for business and wow, what a treat! It was beautiful, modern, and everyone was very nice! The room was great and included a microwave and small refrigerator. I had a nice flat screen in the sitting area as well as in the bedroom. The bathroom was large and had a nice glass shower. In the evenings the bar area had a great atmosphere to unwind with a few drinks. And in the mornings, the breakfast was great - fresh fruit, eggs to order, waffles, cereal, whatever you need. Grab a Starbucks on the way out too - they have a barista right in the lobby. Can't wait to come back to raleigh!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I held a meeting here for a group of clients. This is an Embassy Suites Generation 3 hotel. There are only a few of them in the country. They are not what you expect from an Embassy Suites. There is no atrium, which I loved because it's quieter. The lobby and sleeping rooms are very modern! The furniture and decor is bright and very cool. There is this really need desk that is connected to the wall inbetween the kitchen and the living room. The breakfast is just like other Embassy Suites and was very good. The meeting rooms are really nice and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend it for a stay or for a meeting. They have free airport transportation and the hotel van will take you to a nearby shopping center. There is not anything really in walking distance.

Marietta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel has that "brand new" feel to it. Yes it costs more than the Hampton Inn next door, but you get cooked to order eggs, extensive breakfast choices (hot and cold), and the fabulous manager's reception from 5:30-7:30pm. It is beautifully appointed and maintained, and our room even had a TV in the bathroom mirror that you could see from inside the shower! One warning, internet access is 10 dollars a day - which proves our theory that the more expensive the hotel, the more you'll pay for the internet!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends