“New Modern Property Great Rooms, Breakfast& Managers Reception meh” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“New Modern Property Great Rooms, Breakfast& Managers Reception meh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

This hotel is way out from Raleigh, and not that convenient if you need to be downtown. It is in an area with middle range chain stores and restaurants. the hotel is new and modern. This was the best Embassy we have stayed in physically. We were checked in by a not so friendly desk clerk who was not helpful at all. I was later surprised to see that he was front manager. the manager's reception was 2 coupons, it appears this is now going to be standard for this county according to someone's post. If you want or need more try Residence or Homewood where you can drink what you want. Bartenders were friendly here. Breakfast was what has to be there at Embassy hotels. no extras. Fruit was canned, only blueberry bagels and very little variety anywhere. If you are okay with basic breakfast it would be fine.I usually pay more to be at these hotels for breakfast and manager reception options, but would not do that here again. I would stay closer to Raleigh at Homewood Crabtree for all these reasons including better shopping and restaurants in the area.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Joan3boys: Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek. Our hotel is located approximately 10 miles north of downtown Raleigh, nearr RDU International Airport. Travel times to downtown range from 25 to 30 minutes typically, along one of two main arteries. I am sorry to hear that we did not welcome you to our hotel with the warmth and friendliness that we aspire to - no excuse whatever the circumstance, we definitely take this to heart.
North Carolina is indeed moving to the two drink per person limit for "inclusive" receptions, this transition will happen over the next several months. Our hotel offers the full Embassy Suites breakfast menu, including omelets & sides, waffles, oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, fruit (freshly cut pineapple and orange segments), etc., and ought to have had at least two varieties of bagels during your visit.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and sleeping rooms, we will address those areas that have been pointed out, in our effort to continuously improve our services to our guests, and the quality of experience we can provide. Thank you - we sincerely appreciate all guest feedback, always in the spirit of learning.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
washington, dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is a new hotel, about 1.5 years old when I stayed there. It is very modern and clean, and the staff is very accommodating. I stayed in the one bedroom suite, which was a little smaller than similar suites that I've stayed in, but a great use of the space. It felt bigger than it really was. The layout of the room is nice, and I felt that I could easily accommodate a meeting of four people at the table in the kitchen/living room area. The hotel has a big lobby, with lots of seating. I held a meeting of five people in that area, and felt that we had plenty of privacy. There is a restaurant on site and they served us food in the lobby/meeting area. There is also a separate coffee/cafe area, which was nice. You can rent a meeting room if you like and the hotel has a decent business center. I ran into problems at the business center, but the hotel staff immediately checked in with me and helped me resovle my problem quickly. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the airport and 15-20 minutes from downtown. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
dear abinney: As a Senior Reviewer, I am sure that many TripAdvisor readers find your experienced insight particularly valuable, we certainly appreciate your time in posting a review of your stay that covers so many aspects of our hotel. We are gratified that you enjoyed the facilities and that our staff was helpful and accommodating - this is the level of care that our entire team aspires to each and every day. Our hotel does indeed have a variety of event space, from seasonal outdoor "Flight Deck" to well outfitted Board Room and two divisible Ballrooms (3200 square feet for the larger), that offer many flexible configurations. You have also pointed out our convenient crossroads location between many Triangle destinations, this has definitely been a positive factor for us. Thank you, we look forward to serving you on your future travel to our area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

First off , we did not eat or drink there. Other than a coffee. We loved the shower. Bed was just wright. We were in a non suite. I would stay here again. Their are some great places to eat nearby. Breakfast - cracker barrel, lunch - BBQ @ the pit , dinner at angus barn . Lots of places to see & eat at. Side note , their was a tv in the mirror. Awesome :)

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear 1justfishin: Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek over the Easter Weekend, and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is indeed at a location which offers many food, shopping and theater options nearby, while at the same time convenient to the airport and business centers across the Triangle. Most importantly, it sounds like you had a pleasant and restful stay in the non-suite - we have a few of these which feature the showers with body jets, mirror TV, and offer the option of connecting to a full suite.
Thank you once again, we look forward to your return visit with our hotel.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Was in the area for work for a number of months. I was staying at a near by hotel (read inferior) After multiple trips hotel<->office I finally had the chance to venture out for lunch and saw the embassy suites. Interested I checked and sure enough they supported my corporate code. WOW what a difference the hotel was beautiful with a great lobby free indoor/underground parking. THe hotel was spotless. The lobby was clean it almost felt like a lobby at an all inclusive hotel with a waterfall a coffee/snack bar (serving well made Starbucks brand products). The hotel has an amazing bar, being well travelled it is rare that a hotel lobby bar is so much fun. As is common with Embassy they offer two "managers receptions" coupons per night which can be used for drink at the bar. The hotel must have lots of conferences (hosted in the hotel) as the bar seemed to be usually busy with a great mix of people, this made it much easier to travel alone as every night got to meet new people. The pool and hot-tub looked great as well.

The rooms were great, again really clean wide open rooms, nice hardwood floor with an awesome bed and They have multiple room types(I stayed in all of them depending on availability)I would highly recommend the king suite(the king regular was great too). The king suite has lots of room (kitchenette, lounge separate bedroom, great shower and bathroom).

Most important to my stay, however, were the people. The staff were all amazingly friendly. Given my natural appreciation of the friendly south, these folks went above and beyond. The value I put on this cannot be understated, and in my line of work makes the difference between a trip and a great trip. Specifically one of the bartenders (Jennifer) was amazing, I loved when it was her shift, she had hospitality nailed down, whether it was a friendly smile when it was busy or a great chat when things died down a bit. She was amazingly friendly and great fun. If you make it to Raleigh and you take my advice and stay at the Embassy say HI! to Jen!

Room Tip: King Suites are my favourite - you'll feel like a king/queen :)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear aa131: A huge "thank you" from our entire team for having selected our hotel for your extended travel to our area from Toronto. It appears that you have had multiple stays with us, and explored our different room & suite types, as well as our Cafe - Flying Spoons - and Lobby Bar. We are happy that our services meet your travel needs, and more importantly, that our staff made you feel welcome at our hotel - this is indeed the hospitality that we all strive for each day. Thank you once again, we appreciate your vote of confidence and loyalty to our team and hotel.
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel reminds me of The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. Beautiful lobby decor, awesome modern room decor, great staff......I can't say enough...

Room Tip: Contemporary home away from home
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear CASABOHEMIA: Thank you for the compliment you have posted about our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is especially appreciated coming from a frequent traveler, and we're glad that our staff did their part to make your stay a pleasant one at our beautiful hotel - we are indeed fortunate. Thank you, safe travels, we look forward to seeing you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

The funky upscale vibe when you enter the lobby says this isn’t your parents Embassy Suites. Beautiful water features, modern lighting, urban chic furniture and décor made me wonder if I was at the right property? The room was equally nice. The one bedroom suite has a great layout as the bedroom was separated from the hall by a bathroom and small den. Nice linens and duvet. The staff that I came in contact was friendly and accomodating. I did not partake in the Manager’s reception, but the included breakfast was tasty. I will definitely return and recommend to a friend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear SubwayAngie: we appreciate your sharing the quality of your experience at the Embassy Suites RDU/Brier Creek on TripAdvisor, most especially that you had a pleasant stay with us during your business travel. Our hotel was envisioned as a modern interpretation of the traditional Embassy attributes that are guest favorites, and your comments about the decor, lighting and furnishings paint a great picture for readers - the 2-room suites (almost all of our rooms), compllimentary breakfast and manager's reception, water and plant features, are all presented in a contemporary environment. I am also happy to hear that our team interacted with you in a friendly and accommodating manner, which is always our constant hospitality goal. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team, and to your next visit to our hotel - thank you!
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

After a recent stay at this hotel, I will for sure return. We were in Raleigh for a week of training. The entire staff we came in contact with was very accomodating. Special thanks to Bill the driver who was very knowledgeable of the area and went well beyond his duties making our stay great from the time of pick up at the airport to our last meal in the shopping center. Also to Mike at the front desk, who helped with reservations and answering tons of questions for us. The hotel was also very clean and appealling.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear Joseph M, thank you for your very kind comments about the quality of your interaction with our staff, and most especially the assistance that Bill and Mike were able to provide. It is gratifying that they were able to help make your stay with us more enjoyable - we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest during your next visit to the Raleigh-Durham area.