“ALL AROUND BEST HOTEL VALUE! Stop looking. This is it.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Phoenix, Arizona
“ALL AROUND BEST HOTEL VALUE! Stop looking. This is it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites at Brier Creek for almost 2 full months during a work assignment. I previously researched several hotels in the area in depth, and this hotel exceeded all of my expectations by far-before and during my entire stay. One of the most important requirements to me is the cleanliness of the hotel. This hotel is only a few years old, very classy, and the cleanliness is better most hotels I’ve stayed in. I am a traveling pharmaceutical sales rep so you can imagine how many hotels I frequent. The gym was the nicest I have ever seen in a hotel and there were rarely others in there. It had brand new equipment, free weights, exercise balls, several cardio machines with individual TV’s, and overhead music. The surrounding area in perfect with everything you could want practically within walking distance. The hotel is next to major freeways and a 5 minute drive from the airport. I saw airplanes fly over all the time and never once heard them. The insulation of the walls were great-I rarely heard others in the hallway or other rooms. Safety of the hotel and its surroundings is another important factor to me. I felt very safe there. There was always parking in the front or in the garage downstairs, where I typically parked. The garage is very well lit, and allows secure, easy, and quick access to the 4 elevators-which are very fast and clean by the way. Although I didn’t take advantage as much as I wished, the 2 complimentary drinks each evening in the bar area was a nice touch. It was fun to be social with others in from out of town-whether it was business or pleasure. Also, everything I ever ordered from the Flying Spoons restaurant in the hotel was very good!

On top of all these great things-the main thing that stood out was the level of professionalism of EVERY SINGLE employee I interacted with. From the time I booked the hotel and worked with the Hector (the GM), to the time I checked out-I was impressed. Hector returned my call for my booking request very promptly and was efficient in taking care of my needs and all of my detailed questions. When I checked in weeks later, the 2 gentlemen there were very welcoming and helpful with my huge 4 suitcases. They even signed me up for the Honors account program and slid the information under my door that night to make sure I earned points during my stay.

Dean Kirk, the Director of Guest Serves, was the main contact throughout the course of my stay. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was professional, friendly, welcoming, and encouraged communication of things that I needed or wanted at all times. This included how often I did or did not want my room cleaned, how my packages were delivered, etc. I work in a highly regulated industry, and have a lot of pharmaceutical samples in my room at all times. They represent a lot of money, and if any went missing I would easily lose my job. Dean made me feel confident and trust he and his staff enough to allow him to move all of my belongings to another room while I was out one day. (Hint: If you have Sprint mobile service-request a room on the top floor-It was night and day in terms of my cell reception from the 2nd floor to the 4th). Not only did they move all my luggage and several boxes for me, but they put everything in the exact areas in the room I wanted them. In addition to a nice basket of goodies left in my room, they even added an extra piece of furniture for my boxes to go under so that my room was more “livable” and comfortable for me.

Although I did not have time to attend breakfast often, it was very good when I did, and the cook always remembered my egg white omelet order. Each staff member was very helpful, friendly, and attentive in the dining area as well. In fact my mom came to visit for a week and noticed all of courteous employees as well. She made note, as I did, that even when it was out of their normal job responsibility or on a break, all employees we encountered went out of their way to help guests. For example, sometimes I would see a member of the housekeeping or kitchen staff in the parking garage when I was carrying something. They always insisted on helping me or making sure I was okay.

When the day came for me to check out, Dean (who I felt had become my friend at that point) gathered boxes for me, helped me pack my car and gave me a very nice card that the entire staff has signed. I felt bad because I wish I had thought to get one for them! All in all, this is a beautiful, clean, modern hotel with superb customer service that allows you to be comfortable on your own at times, or as social as you want at others. When I go back to visit friends in Raleigh now, there is no doubt I will stay at this Embassy Suites. Thank you to everyone for helping to make this a wonderful experience for me! The only unfortunate thing for me is that now every hotel has A LOT to live up to, and I am coming to the realization that it’s just not going to happen. I definitely miss this hotel and the staff while away from my home. :(

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Brooke L
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
What can I say but "wow" and thank you. Dean, our Housekeeping Team and I fully realize what a challenge it is to be away from home for such an extended period of time, and take it as our responsibility to make it as easy as possible during this extended stay. I am extremely gratified that you found your residence with us to be a success, and that we have earned such comments from you. On behalf of the entire team at Embassy Suites Brier Creek, we thank you for allowing us to get to know you a bit, for choosing our hotel, your many kind words and wish you much success. As always, we aspire to provide this same sort of positive experience for each of our guests, as personalized as the guest would like it to be. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I am a Hilton Hhonors Diamond member and have stayed at this hotel over a dozen times. The staff from the initial pick-up at the airport, to the front desk, and the lounge team is impeccable in their customer service. I blindly fall asleep without checking the bed in my usual paranoid fashion because the cleanliness is impeccable and proven. As well, it is nice to be greeted and remembered by the staff after a long day of travel (I usually arrive around midnight). Keep it up, and I look forward to my next visit !

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Dear Durhambulls: It is truly rewarding to know that our team recognizes our most frequent guests such as yourself, and also recognizes the need to insure that we can consistently provide a warm welcome and pleasant service to go along with a comfortable stay. Thank you very much for your compliments about our hotel and staff, and most especially for continuing to be our valued guest - we will strive to earn your continued trust on each visit.
gloucestershire,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed here for about a week. It is a large clean hotel with friendly and very helpful staff. The room was always cleaned well and I enjoyed how it was large and spacious. I had to study during the day and found that I didn't get bothered by people wanting to clean the room when they knew I was busy- this was great. When I wanted a break there is a lovely outside area where I could sit outside and enjoy the lovely weather- during the day this outside area which had a range of chairs, loungers and sofas was pretty quiet. At night we were able to walk a few minutes up the road to the Brier Creek shopping area to eat out at a range of restraunts. There is a nice pool inside the hotel and a small business area which was helpful when I needed to print out some of my work. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. In the evening there are complimentary drinks available in a certain time frame where you swap a voucher staff give you for a drink- a lovely touch after a hard days work! I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear dynamicdirtybird: We appreciate your choosing our hotel for your week-long stay – over the course of the entire week, it appears that you had a chance to experience many of the amenities our hotel has to offer, that make it such a great combination of useful features for our guests: suite accommodations (all but 19 of our 173), outdoor courtyard, indoor pool, business center, complimentary breakfast and beverages, access to numerous dining options, and more. I am very pleased that our staff were fully accommodating to your study needs and helpful wherever possible, this is the core of our business and the foundation of our effort to build loyalty among our guests. When we have a guest stay with us for many days, they truly have an opportunity to encounter many of our team members and all aspects of our hotel – I am gratified that we were able to create a positive experience for your stay, and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

I'm a Hilton "Diamond" Hhonors member and if there were a "double Diamond" level I'd probably hit that too. I've been frustrated with Raleigh's desert of decent Hilton family properties for some time.

Until now.

I just discovered this Embassy Suites and the nearest comparison is the Embassy by the airport in Columbus, Ohio.

It's quite new with the new Embassy layout that lacks a central atrium. The suites all have kitchenettes with sink, fridge, microwave and granite counters. The bathrooms are mid-high range fixtures and granite with glass showers. There are two 42" LCD tv's for those who watch tv. Indoor free parking is a nice benefit here in the South.

My only complaints, and for me they are important, is the SLOW Internet connection and the Pepsi products all over. If you want a Diet Coke, bring it with you. And if you have a 3G data plan it's probably faster than the hotel's wifi (regardless of time of day).

All in all, for under $150/night it's not a bad value. The pool area as well as an outdoor lounge area with a water feature are quite nice.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear SoFlme: Thank you so much for your compliments about our hotel – we are indeed fortunate to have a pleasing combination of features and quality. The team at the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport are acquaintances of ours, and I can certainly understand your comparison – in fact we visited that hotel just before we opened ours two years ago, they do a great job.
It does appear, however, that we failed to fully inform you about our Internet service – we have the basic Free Internet service which you might have used during our stay, which is designed to accommodate e-mail and the like. Diamond and Gold HHonors members, when they sign on to the Internet Service using their HHonors number and password, have complimentary access to our true High Speed Internet Service, which is a minimum of four times (in truth, up to eight times or more) faster than the basic service. We are also able to provide an access code to any of our Diamond or Gold members to access this service. I am sorry that we did not convey this information to you at arrival – hopefully this will complete the experience we provide for you during your visits to our hotel. Our hotel carries six times the minimum recommended by Hilton, so that our best guests do in fact have such high quality Internet access. Thank you for your consideration.
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

my sister and I shared a King Suite august 17-19. we visited the area for a wedding and the bride and groom blocked the rooms at a rate of $119 per night (there were alot of taxes added). we loved the managers happy hour each night (2 complimentary drinks per person at the bar) and enjoyed the breakfast in the lobby (although on Sunday morning we were disappointed in the wait for made-to-order eggs and the coffee was terrible).

we used the pool facilities and took advantage of the shuttle to the airport. loved the funky large rooms with a big shower, separate bedroom, desk area, and two tvs. would def return to this hotel when in the Raleigh area

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Dear HAFSTBS: Thank you for sharing your experience at the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport / Brier Creek – as a regular traveler, contributor and reviewer, we appreciate your making note of our hotel. We are happy to note that you enjoyed the amenities, guest accommodations, pool and complimentary airport transportation. Breakfast does indeed tend to be busy on weekend mornings, especially at the omelet station during the last hour of service – that bit of extra relaxation on Sunday mornings calls to all of us. Our breakfast set up includes a buffet of scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon/sausage and breakfast potatoes each day, to provide an option in case the wait does exceed more than a few minutes. Thank you for choosing our hotel for the wedding accommodations, we look forward to seeing you as our guest again.
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This location has been our "go to" location when it comes to our frequent trips to the area due to our daughter's medical needs. With 20 hospital admissions in her young six year life I have found that the need for me to be comfortable as well when i cannot stay with her 24-7 in the ICU is extremely important. When I have had to extend the management has been beyond accommodating in allowing me to stay at the original rate which has saved us great amounts of money. I hated to have to go down the road briefly because of room availability but since I've been able to come back the staff has bent over backwards to help keep me and my wife comfortable during our trying time.

This location will ALWAYS been my first go to place when we have to come to Duke with our child. No other facility in the area can match it's amenities for the price.

Room Tip: I've always asked for upper floors and never had an issue.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Boogerred: We are happy to have made a difference during your visits to Duke with your daughter. I am proud to work with a team here at the Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek that, while assisting several thousand guests each month, also knows that each individual has their unique circumstances and provides as much flexibility as possible. I look forward to meeting you in person during your next visit – I enjoy knowing our regular guests – and wish you and your daughter the absolute best in the coming years. Sincerely, Hector
Newport, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed here for a recent family wedding, and though it is initially hard to find-the area around it needs better signage-it is a great hotel. The lobby and lounge area have beautiful artsy decor-some of the most interesting lights and furnishings around! Hotel staff are courteous and helpful. There is a good morning breakfast in a lovely room. There is also an evening reception that definitely needs work. Though it offers free drinks and snacks-one is given paper tickets to it that are taken at the bar-and make it appear that one must have a ticket for each drink-this is not the case, but is quite unclear. The bartender is friendly, but the reception staff are useless. Food is put out promptly at 530pm, and that is it. A few tortilla chips with an odd salsa, and a few nuts and some lemonade. Really-the management needs to ride over to any Homewood Suites where the evening reception involves burgers and mac-n-cheese, with staff circulating and offering drink refills, whisking away empty plates, refilling the fresh salad:yes-salad. Embassy as a whole lacks severely in this department. Internet has finally gone free, though there is only a tiny note at the desk to say so, and it is pretty slow. The rooms are the most efficient use of space ever-would make super small apartments! There is actually enough seating in the living area to seat 10 grownups. The sofas are comfy and chic-the lime green chairs adorable and comfortable, the kitchen compact. However-in spite of a microwave and sink-there is not a single pice of silverware in the room! The bath is stylish and large, though whoever thought putting a toilet next to a glass door to the living area was a good idea needs to be smacked. No exhaust fan in the bath either. The beds are heavenly comfortable, and the bedrooms classy and well laid out. Pool area is lovely, grounds are lovely, and parking is easy. Would stay here again-but wish management would take note of the holes in its operations and adjust accordingly.

Room Tip: Wifi is now free, corner rooms are quieter, you are in the direct flight path for large jets out of...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Dear Pojismom: Thank you for sharing your experiences at our Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek. Overall, it appears that you enjoyed your stay with us, from service staff, suite accommodations, décor, “heavenly comfortable” beds, and more. If I may, I’d like to offer a brief explanation of our Manager’s Reception…Homewood Suites actually serves a “light dinner” in the evening, where Embassy Suites provides snack options to accompany the beverages; some Embassy Suites, depending on location, may opt to do more than others, but you will generally find snack fare. North Carolina is in process of converting all such receptions to a two beverage per adult limit, hence the individual cards – a bit of a nuisance, but the easiest solution for the guest that we have seen so far. We recognize that we always have opportunities for improvement, and hope to demonstrate that we do indeed heed any and all guest feedback, and respond to our best ability. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit, and to providing you with a welcoming, enjoyable and “heavenly comfortable” accommodation. Thank you for your consideration.