“Good Value, Nice Place, Perfect base camp for the Raleigh Area” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Washington, DC
“Good Value, Nice Place, Perfect base camp for the Raleigh Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I just stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek this past weekend (Oct 8/9). This is a very nice hotel that is close to everything. The location right off Exit 2 of Rt 40. I was visiting with my son, since we were there for a baseball tournament in Cary, NC. We eneded up reserving late and had to stay at a separate hotel from the rest of the team, but were we lucky. This hotel had eveything we needed.

Large Rooms had a refrig, Microwave and large flat screen TV. Multiple PCs in the lobby were very helpful. Staff was great. During check in I was told I reserved a Single king size bed room, but the staff quickly changed me to a room with two beds.

Probably the best breakfast bar I have ever experienced at a hotel. I was expecting the standard continental breakfast. Maybe bagels and possibly waffles. But, to my surprise, they had a large seating breakfast area that served a breakfast bar with bacon, eggs, hash brown potatoes, fresh melon fruits, oatmeal. Even their orange juice was very rich and not watered down like they service at most places. Plus they served great coffee and other fruit (oranges, apples, bananas).

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a good night’s sleep and a quality breakfast. The hotel manager said they just opened up less than a year ago and the appearance of the hotel shows it is new. Even the inside decor is fresh and appealing. The had seating next to a fireplace in the lobby with a large flat screen. I mentioned the multiple PCs, but they also provided a printer, which I used to print out mapquest directions. Also, they had a work-out room next to the indoor pool that is opened 24 x7. Pool was open until 11:00 and was great to relax in the hot tube.

Nice hotel, good price and great location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ffbcmgmt, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for your very kind words and for taking the time to write such an in depth review of your stay. Im glad to hear that the staff was able to accomodate you with a larger room upon your arrival. We're really delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything we have to offer here at our property from the breakfast to the room amenities and we look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Shannon Brown, Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

In additioin to this being a very new property, the people are what made the difference. I had a 4;30 AM Shuttle to the Raleigh Airport for a 6:00 AM departure. Ben was busy making coffee and rolls for the guests that were leaving that early. It was very nice to have a cup of fresh brewed coffee at that time of the morning. Ben was not letting any grass grow under his feet. Great employee. Shuttle driver was also very good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ffbcmgmt, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, 9 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that everyone from my staff made your staff even more delightful! We have a great staff that's dedicated to serving and making all of our guests feel welcome. Ben is infact a great employee and asset to our team. We look forward to accomodating you on future stays when you're in the area.

Shannon Brown, Assistant Genera Manager
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

The hotel was new, clean, well appointed and had several appealing amenities. However, staff (especially Ben and Ron) went out of their way to assist in a friendly way. I will definitely stay here again when the situation dictates.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. It was a sincere pleasure to accomodate you.Thank you for your very kind words and compliments of Ben and Ron, I know my team will be delighted to read them also. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Pittsburgh, Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

Stayed one night here. Called for the airport van, which came immediately, and we were the only two passengers. The driver was very friendly, which is the case with everyone who works at the hotel. The hotel is very clean. A nice touch is the mini-convenience "store" by the front desk which offers snacks and drinks (including beer and wine). The room was very large with a separate sitting area with a sofa and coffee table, and had two TVs, stereo, and DVD player. The bed was extremely comfortable. We appreciated the laundry facilities. When the dryer ate our change, the front desk cheerfully refunded our money and called a maintenance worker to make sure that the dryer worked. The only reason I'm only giving this hotel a four instead of a five is because of the small workout room, which only had one treadmill and one elliptical machine. But otherwise, I highly recommend this well-maintained and well-managed hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very kind words about your recent stay. We're glad to hear that our services was very accomodating for you, from the market to the rooms and the laundry facility....we're glad we hit the nail on the head for you. Sorry to hear that the dryer machine took your money, I'm glad our staff took care of it right away kindly refunding you for your purchase and for communicating the problem with our maintenance engineer. We're glad that you enjoyed all of our amenities, please visit us again soon!

Thoughtfully

San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

This hotel is perfect is you have an early flight out of Raleigh Airport or any other time. It's just across from the airport and Ron, the shuttle driver, will make sure you catch your flight on time. The free breakfast doesn't start until 6am, so I figured I was out of luck since I had to leave at 4:30am to catch a flight. Not so... Ben at the front desk made a fresh pot of coffee and made sure that I got plenty to eat, before I left. Now THAT is extraordinary service!!! The facilities are excellent, indoor pool, nice work out room, business library and FREE internet. The rooms have a microwave & frig and everything else you need for a comfortable stay. Great value. Great location. Great people.

Room Tip: My room on the top floor had a great view and was totally quiet even with the airport across the way...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for all of your feedback. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay overall. Ben and Ron are just a few of our team members that go above and beyond expectations to make sure each of our guest has a very pleasant experience. We wish you could have stayed long enough to enjoy the full benefit of our hot breafast buffet, but im extremely delighted to hear that Ben provided you with items to help get your day started. Please do come back to visit us soon!

Thoughtfully

Siloam Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stopped over night for a flight out the next morning. Checked in with David late in evening and he was very helpful....dressed nicely in a suit and tie. The AM shift, Ron and Ben - who were at the desk and driving the shuttle at 4:30 am the next morning were very kind and helpful. Can't quite remember who was who but they had brewed fresh coffee and both were upbeat and friendly and the shuttle got off in a very timely manner! The hotel was great, the beds were comfortable and I wished I didn't have to make my stay so short!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review. The team really appreciates your kind comments. David, Ron and Ben are all very passionate about their jobs and they take it very seriously when it comes to serving their guest. I am very proud of them. Please come back to visit us soon

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Hotel was nice and clean. Perfect for visiting UNC and Duke. Close to airport

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your short and sweet comments. All of the staff at the Fairfield Inn appreciates it. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back to visit us soon!