“Segway Historic Oakwood” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Triangle Glides

Triangle Glides
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Raleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: Triangle Glides is a Raleigh Original since 2008, offering sightseeing Segway Tours featuring lots of history and landmarks and history-themed Walking Tours. Located in the heart of downtown Raleigh, the company also specializes in corporate team-building activities including Treasure Hunts on Segways. Triangle Glides is an authorized Segway Experience Center and retailer. Activities are operated year round. Reservations are required. Minimum age is 14.
Durham, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Segway Historic Oakwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Was lucky to see Groupon for Segway, a tour I had not previously considered. I am so.glad I went. The just in time training was just the right amount to feel comfortable. The tour guide gave lots of encouragement and advice along the way and the information about Historic Oakwood was quite interesting. Overall a great tour!

Apex, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Son's 16th Bday gift”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Myself, husband, son & one of his friends all went on a beautiful Sunday afternoon for the downtown Raleigh tour. It was the first time on Segways for all of us. The operators of Triangle Glides made sure that everybody was comfortable with how to handle the machines before heading out. The experience was awesome and we were all riding like pros in no time. Of course, my husband now wants one! Informative information provided at all times and there was never a dull moment. Before we knew it, the tour was over. We will likely be back for another one.

Charlotte, North Carolina
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“fun first segway experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My family was visiting prospective colleges in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area and wanted something to entertain us for a while on a lazy Sunday. This trip was especially fun!! Our guide Jeff was very knowledgeable and his coworker Evan helped us to make all the cross overs safely. We didn't want it to end. It was wonderful getting to learn how to ride on a segway and the weather was perfect too!!

Greensboro, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“jeff was the man!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

my wife surprised me on my bday with a segway tour. we've never been on one. jeff made us feel at ease and before you know it we were zipping around like old pros. jeff talked and gave us great info on historic sites so it was never boring. we didnt want it to end!! we will do it again soon! it was so much fun!!

Cary
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A fun way to celebrate special events!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Two years ago my husband and I celebrated our anniversary on a segway tour and had a Great time! This year a friend and I celebrated her Birthday on a segway tour. She was reluctant at first and unsure of how she would balance herself after knee surgery just a few years ago - but she had a wonderful time. Bruce and Jeff took the time to train us so that we felt very comfortable riding the segways. Their tour was very informative and even though I have lived in Raleigh for over 20 years, I learned so much about Raleigh's history and had a great time too! I just booked a tour for my whole family to enjoy - my teenage kids are going to love it!

Visited October 2013