“Bed was too firm - felt like sleeping on marble”

Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center
Ranked #12 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
United States
“Bed was too firm - felt like sleeping on marble”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice.

Our only complaint is that the bed was TOO HARD. I have never slept on a mattress that firm in my life and would not stay at this hotel again because of this. I have to wonder who chose the beds?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Pam D,
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. My apologies for the issue you had with the bed, thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope you reconsider staying with us again in the future.
Katrina Leavitt, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Needed to attend weekend event in Raleigh and this property was near where I wanted to be. Had trouble finding it even with GPS as it is in the mall and I expected it to be near or around the mall. I called for directions and was given good directions to get there. All the staff was friendly and helpful, desk, Bistro and housekeeping. I stayed on points and was upgraded to a King Suite! I felt like a King. Nice workout area and small indoor pool. Had a mixed drink and breakfast @ Bistro. Vernon was helpful and friendly and mixed a good drink. At breakfast Jovon(sp?) and the lady were friendly and full of it! It was almost like home! My over easy eggs were overcooked with a brown crust but I was in a hurry and suffered through them. Should have sent them back. I do get to Raleigh frequently and will make this my first choice in the future. I would say this is the best CY I have stayed in and I have stayed in many. One problem, room was very clean, but mattress was very firm! Desk was welcoming on check in. Clerk recognized my Gold Elite status and told me my room was "feather free" as I have an allergy to feathers.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Paul G,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. Thank you for recognizing the staff; I will be sure to share your comments with them during our next meeting. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Greenville, NC
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott - Triangle Towncenter. Shortly after checking out and returning home, I realized that I left my new work iPad in my hotel room. I immediately called the hotel to inform them and have them check the lost and found. I was put on hold for about 10 minutes, only to be told to leave a message for the Housekeeping Manager who had already gone home for the day. I did not receive a call the next day, so I called myself. Instead of speaking with me directly, a front desk attendant simply told me she had looked and did not have it. I told him I would have to file a police report for my stolen iPad and he put me through the the General Manager.
I was told that no one had checked-in after me (so no one was in the room after us except staff), but the housekeeper who cleaned my room could not be contacted because she "doesn't have a phone." She encouraged me to file a police report, which I did and said she would ask the housekeeper & continue to "look." I have had to call every day since, because she will not call me back. I have been told that "she is not in" on more than one occasion and when I speak with her she won't tell me anything other than "we are looking and I will continue to keep you updated.
I am disgusted by their customer service and the fact they have video surveillance of who went in the room, but still can't retrieve the stolen iPad.
If you stay here, DO NOT leave anything in your room (before or after checkout) that you hold any value in. They are clearly very dishonest and not in a hurry to help resolve issues.

Room Tip: If you stay here, DO NOT leave anything in your room (before or after checkout) that you hold any va...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EasternNCTraveler
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
EasternNCTraveler,
Please be assured that we take claims like this seriously and investigate closely. In all fairness to our housekeeping staff, they have been recognized for successfully reconnecting our guests with items left behind.

We have multiple postings in the hotel, as well as guest rooms, not to leave valuables in a room. We provide free safety deposit boxes to all guests. All of our guests are important to us! I have been in contact with you in regards to this matter.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I love Courtyard otels, so it is no surprise that this hotel met my needs. The rooms are spacious and the hotel feels quite despite being in the parking lot of a mall. The outdoor patio and fire feature are the perfect place to meet up after work and unwind. The Bistro has a nice starters and and adult drinks in the evening. With a couple of restaurants next door, we had a nice relaxing evening without the drive to dinner.
Breakfast in the morning was just right. The staff was kind and helpful without be intrusive. Plenty of public space with free wifi. My room had a mini fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable.
Having the mall in the same parking lot was wonderful for getting out and stretching my legs. All in all, this hotels gets my vote.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have patios that allow for private enjoyment of the mild Raleigh climate and incre...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Texas T,
Thank you for your review and loyalty to our brand. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard Raleigh North Triangle Town Center. We appreciate your fantastic reflections on all the aspects that made your stay a comfortable one. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have stayed at this property on as well as various other Courtyards and Marriott hotels.For some reason every time I stay at this property there is a problem. From not being able to check in with a cash deposit to being held up during check out so that the room can be "checked", as well as waiting in line for 25 minutes to check out (July) due to only having one person on staff during the weekend. You would think that being a platinum member would alleviate some of these issues but from my experience the front desk associates don't care and treat you like any other person. I do not plan on staying at this property again. New staff is needed! This goes for
morning, day, and overnight as well. Last time I checked getting smart with a customer was frowned upon.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank walterssm
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
walterssm,
Thank you for writing. I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experiences you’ve had and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional service you’ve come to expect from us. We value your business and your loyalty to our brand. Please know that your comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I dont typically stay at Courtyards, but after this one, I have signed up for their rewards program. I had two complaints about the room. 1. It was the hardest mattress that I ever slept on in my life, and my back was a little sore in the morning. 2. My room smelled a little like someone may have smoked in it at some point. Not terrible, but enough that it was noticeable. Outside of those two things it was a good stay in a nice hotel. Nice bistro in the lobby that had beer and wine and light food. Definitely on my list for the next trip to Raleigh. Almost forgot, the hotel is in the same parking lot as the triangle town center mall, so very convenient location!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rich H
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
GraciesDad,
We're happy to have been a part of your first Courtyard experience, and we're pleased to hear you are now rewards member. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. We're glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for your great review.

Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were in town visiting family over the weekend of July 5-7. This location was convenient to getting around town. The check in was easy, we were about an hour early, but it was not a problem. Special requests made at the time of reservation were honored. The hotel was very busy, but the level of customer service was never compromised. We enjoyed the outside fireplace both evenings.

Pros: @ the Mall - this was the first time we ever stayed at a hotel that was literally at the mall, but it proved to be convenient. The breakfast was surprisingly good for hotel breakfast.

Cons: The rooms were cool but humid. When we returned to our rooms after a tour of Raleigh, the sheets seemed damp.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back can overlook the fireplace if you want. Rooms out front you see the parking lot an...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family