“Great times at Capital Club”
Review of Capital Club 16

Capital Club 16
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Club 16 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,520 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We met another couple for dinner here on a Saturday night - it was PACKED. We unfortunately had to wait around an hour, but that provided plenty of time to sample a few high-quality cocktails. Very cool selection of house cocktails, everyone had one and no one was disappointed. I order a perfect manhattan, and it was perfect.. We had the sausage plate and the pretzel, both excellent! I had the wild boar, which was delicious. My wife had the chicken and said it was average. Overall, solid spot that I would frequent if I lived in the city. Being that I'm 30 minutes away, chances of returning is minimal.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We were a mixed age group meeting some for the first time, so we needed interesting food, a noise level suitable for conversation, and a fun atmosphere leaning to the informal. And that's a description of what we got.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The food was great, but the male servers looked like they have not had a bath or haircut in a month. They made me wonder what the back of the house looks like....

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Very cool menu, lots of german style entrees, $3 narragansett tall boys in a can and outside seating. Decent wine list by the glass. The mac and cheese was terrific! Had a fun evening dining on the sidewalk.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

While visiting Raleigh for the weekend, the Capital Club 16 was highly recommended to us by many people. Our first dinner there was unbelievable! We came in pretty early on a Friday night, had no wait and experienced excellent service, food, and atmosphere (We started with the Pimento Cheese and Fig Crostinis, which were amazing. Husband got the The Butcher Plate and I got the “Rahmschnitzel” with hand cut spaetzle and seasonal vegetables. And the dessert, a coconut cake, was enough to make us converts. We loved everything there so much we went there for dinner the next night. The second visit was a bit different in that we came later in the night and it was extremely busy. My husband's meal was still great (skillet mac and cheese), but my drink and meal were both lacking, especially compared to the meal before. I loved the schnitzel and spaetzle so much on Thursday I ordered it again, so I know exactly what I was expecting. When I cut into my pork and found it close to raw, I brought it to the waitress's attention. She was amazing and she and the kitchen staff went out of their way to make things better. They were beyond generous with the charges for the evening. Because of the service we returned yet again the following evening to enjoy a late night cup of coffee and piece of homemade dessert, this time a silky pumpkin cheesecake. And then, again, we darkened their doorstep on Sunday for brunch specials and delicious coffee. They offered samples of their homemade beignets. So tasty!

The prices here are so reasonable, especially for real food that they prepare. The service was absolutely delightful, knowledgable, and attentive. The atmosphere is charming. The facilities are clean. The menu is inventive and reflect a real love of food and true skill in the kitchen.