“Hit or Miss”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Six Forks and Creedmoor
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I'm a little confused by this place, but I've enjoyed eating there a few times. It's located in a strip mall in North Raleigh. It never seems to have many customers in there when I've eaten there, for some reason. The wait staff is friendly and accommodating, and the food is pretty good. I have often eaten there alone, and it's comfortable for a single lady.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

When I got my food it was ice cold. I think it was because they put it on what seemd like a refrigerated plate. It took over 15 minutes to get a server's attention. they told me it would be just 5 minutes to get it warmed up, but it took another 15. My husband was done with his meal before I even got mine. They apologized, but didn't seem to really care. The food is very good, but the lack of service isn't worth it.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Nice little secret sushi place tucked away in the strip mall. Usually very fresh, excellent presentations, and nice prices.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

My friend and I decided to give Cafe Asia a try after buying a coupon on Living Social. They have a daily "Buy One Get One Half Off" Sushi, and we love sushi! The night we arrived, we saw they had a great special on a bottle of wine - $12!! We ordered 4 rolls, the bottle of wine and edamame.

1) The service was AWFUL. We had to get up and wander around to get water refills, utensils, etc because the waitstaff was no where to be seen.

2) When the bill came our total was $52. We presented the $25 coupon and the waiter came back with the adjusted bill. It was now $38. He had only taken $14 off. We then realized, that they bumped the price of the sushi back up (so no 50% off second roll). When we inquired about it, his explanation was that (and his exact words) it was a catch and management changes the rules every day.

3) We asked to speak with management and he said they were cooking and couldnt come out, but he proceeded to circle in pen the spot on the coupon where it says "not combined with any other offers or promotions" I would have given him that "catch" had they not given me the special price on the bottle of wine, because the wine was a special offer that night as well.

Cafe Asia decided they were going to get their money either way off that coupon:
Price of meal before coupon: $52
Price of coupon: $12
Price of meal after coupon: $38
Total paid: $50

Don't give this place your business. There are better Asian restaurants all around Raleigh.

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 7 January 2011

If you're in North Raleigh and want some great asian food in an elegant setting, go to Cafe Asia. It's in a rather non-descript shopping center but so is almost everything in N. Raleigh. My daughter and I sat at the sushi bar the other day for a few rolls and they were the best we had had in the area. It's not a cheap restaurant, but the rolls are giant. We ordered three rolls and couldn't finish. My husband likes the Thai food as well, but don't order it spicy thinking that they make the food milder for Americans. Spicy is spicy. Very, very spicy.

1  Thank Debbiewanders