“Consistently good experience”

Lafayette Village Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Lafayette Village Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #643 of 1,483 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Falls of Neuse and Honeycutt Rd
Transit: Cab Service, CAT Bus Stop
Description: The Village Grill, nestled in the courtyard of the gorgeous Lafayette Village, boasts seven 60" HDTV's and one monstrous 120" model for game nights. But beyond the spectacular sports viewing, it offers top notch food and local beers on tap.
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Really enjoy the Village Grill! I've been here many times, but this last time made me realize I needed to review. The food is consistently yummy pub-grub. The atmosphere is very nice - interior is upscale but pub-like and the exterior has great seating overlooking the green (and all the cute kids running around on it). The service is outstanding. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

First of all, the server did not introduce herself to me (Miranda, from the check). I was unimpressed with the service; she only came by my table one time, and I arrived around 5pm, and it wasn't very busy at that time. Food was ok; I had a steak quesadilla, but, having had it before there, there wasn't much cheese in it tonight. I suppose I'll be back, since it is convenient, but they need to up the customer service a bit!!! Also, quite noisy.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We had a 12:30 reservation on Mother's Day for nine adults. Arrived early and were promptly seated. Ordered only meals (no drinks or appetizers) and still no food by 1:15. No problem with me, as they were busy. Server guy apologized for delays. By 1:30 the food was coming out. Tree dishes were right, but six were COLD. Ewwww! I don't mind waiting, but cold? So as to not embarrass the mothers in our group, I slipped out and asked my waiter to get me the kitchen manager's business card. He said, "no problem." Instead, though, a lady came TO our table and asked about our problems. I explained about my Southern Chicken salad temp, the lobster Mac temp and the other dishes that had food safety issues with temperature, and she said she would fix the issue on our check. I said THANKS. When the check came, she had subtracted $8.00 from our nine entrees to "fix" the problem. My sister in law who was paying for all of is said "great!" And we paid and left. I do not think I will bring my wife and kids back here again. Eight bucks = whoopy! And was about six percent of our bill. Fortunately no diareah later in the day this time...... Somehow proper temperatures MATTER to the good places...

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've been here in the past for drinks and to catch a game at one of the well-placed TVs. The bartenders are great even when busy. This time, I decided to take advantage of the outdoor seating and ordered off their entree menu. The Chicken Limone was two grilled chicken breasts in a light lemon sauce with a perfectly grilled and generous serving of asparagus and another side. More than filling and full of flavor. The pulled pork sandwich my guest ordered was a large serving, but the bun was soggy which killed the flavor. Probably from the pickles on it, which I suggest they place that on the side and not on the bun. Coleslaw would have been a much better offering instead. Wait staff was attentive and overall, as a sports bar, the chicken entree was surprisingly good. I would order it again.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

A pub like atmosphere inside. Good pub food. Excellent, friendly service. Reasonable prices. Inside is very noisy. Outside is an entirely different experience. My wife and I have been to France and if you sit outside you will get a tiny feel for what it's like to dine outside there. We have eaten here a number of times and have always had a good experience. We will be back.