“ExtendedStay - Raleigh, NC”

Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North - Wake Forest Road
Ranked #58 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This review is to praise the receptionist Kourtney at the front desk. What a pleasant experience to witness the care she took with everyone who walked through the door. She did not just take your money but she wanted to know how you are, what snacks you enjoyed best, how is your room and maid service. She is the perfect person for the job she has and it was a pleasure to stay there. We highly recommend her for a managerial position in the Extended Stay program or any other hotel establishment. Thank you Kourtney for providing the kind of atmosphere that we needed everyday. Be blessed.
C Davis

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eula D
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North - Wake Forest Road

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect from a prior stay at an Extended Stay in a different city. Pleasantly surprised. For the price we paid, it was a good value. Fairly close to restaurants (some walking) and a short cab ride to downtown Raleigh.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CallisBurks
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Ive stayed in this hotel off and on for about 5months and half the staff sucks. The room has a kitchen with no cups, eating utensils, no pots or pans. One time I checked in and there were 2 dirty rags on the floor with no towels When I asked if I could get a new room because I didn't believe the staff cleaned it the manager said they didn't have any rooms available clearly that was a lie. When asked for pots and pans they want a deposit after I already paid a 100 dollar deposit speaking of deposit they first said it would be 200 then 50???? Extra blankets pillows forget about it This hotel needs to be bull dozed to the ground the worst experience ever. Unfortunately using priceline gets u automatically put at any of the 4 locations in Raleigh and guess what Wake forest rd is the most frequent one they use I've spent over 4000.00 dolLars with extended stay America and for my awful experience at the Wake Forest rd location I would think there would be some type of customer appreciation just rude....if u bypass this hotel do yousrelf a favor and keep going

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank SugaShae
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had a horrible experience at extended stay for a number of reasons. One, the sign on the room's door clearly stated "no smoking", however, the room smelled of marijuana and cigarettes. Second, the WIFI service didn't work and last and definitely not least, there was no remote to the TV and when I checked out of the place at 10am (check out is at 11am), the "free breakfast" wasn't available. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I forgot to mention that the ironing board was missing and the microwave looked as if it was about to fall of the wall.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shereese G
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I've been staying at this property during the week for over a year now and have never thought of staying elsewhere. The Property Manager and her staff are always friendly and helpful, the rooms consistently clean, and the location is excellent: pharmacy, grocery, restaurants all within minutes.
I see familiar faces of others like myself who regularly return on business, and consider this my home away from home. You'll enjoy your stay and you'll love the rates!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North - Wake Forest Road, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Bill - It is so rewarding to read your positive comments regarding our staff and rooms. We look forward to your return each week. It is great to have a weekly guest that is completely satisfied with our services. I am so proud of my team for making your stay pleasant each week.

Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will always stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Facility was clean and quiet. It is close, close, close. There are super restaurants at North Hills and in North Raleigh in general. The hospital is on the next block and the belt line is less than 1 mile. We had a good experience with a very professional staff. Bring your own pots/pans and pot holders; they are not provided. The pillows were feather so a bit hard for me but there are four provided so you can smoosh them around and pile them up as needed. Parking is a bit odd, as mentioned by other reviewers. You are not allotted a spot in front of your room...ours had a handicap space...so they are FCFS. The place has an apartment style set up but no assigned spaces. We parked in the spaces along the street every night with no problem. Good internet connection is a big plus!

Room Tip: Bring your own pots/pans/potholders if you plan to cook.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North - Wake Forest Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Hi there,

It is so rewarding to read positive comments; thank you for sharing your experinece. I am excited to hear that your stay was not only enjoyable, but one that you will always remember. I am proud of my team for making your stay pleasant and most of all I am always pleased to hear the words nice, clean and quiet. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

great price, value and service.. very quiet room, clean, nice grab and go breakfast. extremely friendly and professional staff. I left my briefcase in room when checking out and did not discover until I was in Florida the next day. When I call in a panic, I was told the briefcase had been turned in by housekeeping and was safely locked in the manager's office. In this day and age, honesty is not a guarantee. They assisted me in arranging a fedex pickup and even boxed up the briefcase. Well done. This is the only place I will stay when in Raleigh, NC

Room Tip: request a room in back of location. very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North - Wake Forest Road, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Robert - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and even more so, that we were able to reunite you with your briefcase. It was our pleasure to assist with this effort.