“Stay away from this place”

Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
Ranked #63 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
“Stay away from this place”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

While I was simply passing through n.carolina we stopped by this hotel. From the outside it looked fairly clean however the insides a completely different story . The rooms were FILTHY. The sheets were dirty and had pubic hairs in the bed and the toilets were a mere disgust. I complained to the staff about the condition of the room and they told me they had no one to come and even clean the toilet or change the sheets ! I had to walk to the front desk and change my own sheets!! Simply horrible! I would rather sleep in a tent on a block of ice than to sleep in someone else's filth.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Mgmst
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The condition of the room and cleanliness you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we have reviewed and retrained all the staff on acceptable standards. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at kmaile@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
raleigh
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Very convenient, quiet location with friendly customer service and efficient accommodations! Central location to great dining and shopping experiences.......sure to please!!! ....just hearing the address of Bluestone Drive delivers a sense of peace and tranquil serenity. Nice tree lined sidewalks and green grass with pleasant, colorful landscaping enhances the property. Easy access to the back roads and main roads in and around the community.

D & B Harris

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the quiet yet convenient location. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 February 2013

For the location and price, this is a very good place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. Close proximity to restaurants, malls and stores. And is also close to the beltline if you need or want to go further around Raleigh. i would and have recommended this place to people and friends who were looking for a place to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, it is a great location that is convienent to great food and shopping in a very quiet setting in the Crabtree area. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 6 February 2013

great price, easy location, friendly staff. Arrived at 6:30 pm and was greeted by the most helpful person who showed us the room. We have a small dog and the room was very impressive. The room was very clean, it was missing some utensils and dish washing soap but the front desk gave us the dish washing soap.I wish we got a few more channels on the tv, we could'nt watch the hurricanes game, but that is no big deal! It was nice and quiet. Overall the stay was very pleasant and we will stay here as much as possible to and from Florida to Massachusetts

Room Tip: lower floors had more noise from above.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff took such great care of you, we are currently reviewing our cable channels and we hope to have that resolved soon. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Great for the price, can't complain, each room are equipped with everything needed to feel like at home, the front desk staff are very nice, and helpful,very quite, an peaceful area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking to save money, an traveling around the crabtree area.

• Stayed January 2013
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and value of the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Fanwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I found a deal on Priceline for $35/night which is why I chose this place. I thought that a suite usually had a separate sitting room. This didn't even have a desk to work at. It smelled of stale smoke and was missing many utensils. Any amenities required you had to go the front desk to get (including shampoo) and there is no housekeeping service for stays under a week. You have to ask the front desk for clean sheets which you change yourself.

It is not the kind of place I would stay again when I need a hotel room as I prefer the services of a hotel. It is also not the place I would stay for an extended stay because it is a dirty, dark and uncomfortable place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there were several issues with the product and the service you received. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am reviewing both our standards for our guest rooms and service standards with the management and providing additional training for the staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kmaile@extendedstay.com.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I have stayed at this location quite a few times, just never took time out of my day to write a review . The staff are very friendly very respectful , House keeping does a great job cleaning (RoomVeryClean) as always! - its always quit over here from sunup to sundown lols .Overall my stays here be great and i will comtinue to stay here as much as need to . P.S. Lets not forget how close you are to the CheeseCake Factory =]

Room Tip: Non Smoking Rooms and I like to br close to the office by the vending machines ..
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Homestead-Crabtree, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a review. It was a great pleasure for me to read your comments regarding your stay.

We strive to create a memorable, “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expected.
It is our pleasure to serve you. If you need anything during your stay, feel free to contact me.

Sarah C. Hummell