“Delightfully Surprised”

Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
Ranked #63 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I booked at this place because it was one of the few available at the time. The motel is located off the road down a shady lane and well away from traffic. The grounds were well kept and the whole appearance was clean, well groomed. The check in person was very friendly and curteous and was quickly into my room. The room itself, was clean and simple supplying all I needed. While not luxurious by any means it was bright and attractive and I found the king bed to be very good sleeping. If you want a change of towels you have to get them yourself and maid service is only once a week which may be a put off for some. But for the price I certainly did not mind. All in all a very good value!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 4newkirk
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your experience at our hotel in Crabtree and with our team! As a company, we strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience and it is always a delight to learn we have done just that. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another delightful stay in the future!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I stay at this Homestead from time-to-time, since we have family in the area. The staff was friendly and accommodating this visit, as they always have been. The room was clean and comfortable, including the mini-kitchen. The location is great, close to shopping, yet set in a comfortable, woody area. We are never disappointed with our visit to Homestead, and this time was no exception.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VVhee

Hi there,

The staff and I were so pleased to read your comments regarding your stay with us; thank you very much! Our location is tucked away in a beautiful area to provide a pleasant stay for all who visit, and the proximity to shopping areas certainly helps. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

For the location and price, this was a good place to stay. We travel quite frequently and we took a chance and dropped in on this hotel. It was located in a nice area....Bluestone Drive, in the Crabtree area great location to visit. I would recommend this facility if you are looking for affordability, location and price...The staff was friendly and helpful. Quentin, you were awesome! Keep up the great customer service... I do have a tip and advice for the cleaning staff...please try adding more fabric softner to the towels.....they were a bit rough...but overall all the hotel is a great place to stay if you are in the Crabtree area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed 5 March 2013

While I was simply passing through n.carolina we stopped by this hotel. From the outside it looked fairly clean however the insides a completely different story . The rooms were FILTHY. The sheets were dirty and had pubic hairs in the bed and the toilets were a mere disgust. I complained to the staff about the condition of the room and they told me they had no one to come and even clean the toilet or change the sheets ! I had to walk to the front desk and change my own sheets!! Simply horrible! I would rather sleep in a tent on a block of ice than to sleep in someone else's filth.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mgmst
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The condition of the room and cleanliness you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we have reviewed and retrained all the staff on acceptable standards. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at kmaile@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Very convenient, quiet location with friendly customer service and efficient accommodations! Central location to great dining and shopping experiences.......sure to please!!! ....just hearing the address of Bluestone Drive delivers a sense of peace and tranquil serenity. Nice tree lined sidewalks and green grass with pleasant, colorful landscaping enhances the property. Easy access to the back roads and main roads in and around the community.

D & B Harris

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the quiet yet convenient location. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

For the location and price, this is a very good place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. Close proximity to restaurants, malls and stores. And is also close to the beltline if you need or want to go further around Raleigh. i would and have recommended this place to people and friends who were looking for a place to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, it is a great location that is convienent to great food and shopping in a very quiet setting in the Crabtree area. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

great price, easy location, friendly staff. Arrived at 6:30 pm and was greeted by the most helpful person who showed us the room. We have a small dog and the room was very impressive. The room was very clean, it was missing some utensils and dish washing soap but the front desk gave us the dish washing soap.I wish we got a few more channels on the tv, we could'nt watch the hurricanes game, but that is no big deal! It was nice and quiet. Overall the stay was very pleasant and we will stay here as much as possible to and from Florida to Massachusetts

Room Tip: lower floors had more noise from above.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff took such great care of you, we are currently reviewing our cable channels and we hope to have that resolved soon. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.