“No Complaints, Great Place”

Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley
Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here two nights during a work-related conference in late June. It's a great hotel: very clean, friendly staff, pool, outdoor gas grill/sitting area, putting green, nice size gym, bar/grill. I really liked how a member of the cleaning staff checked up on my room AFTER it had been cleaned to make sure everything was in order. Also, a front desk member assisted me when there were no cleaning towelettes available in the gym after my workout.

The breakfast is one of the better free breakfasts you can get at a hotel. One day I had scrambled eggs, ham, diced potato/sausage/pepper/onion mixture, and a make-your-own waffle; the next day I had scrambled eggs, sausage patty, and a biscuit with sausage gravy. Good variety.

An evening "social", where dinner-type fare is served, is also offered Monday-Thursday. The night I was there, beef and rice-stuffed peppers were offered, along with corn, salad, soda and juice, and brownies as a dessert. The frugal traveler can get by with free breakfast and dinner from Monday through Thursday here.

Hotel is a short 15-minute drive to "downtown" Raleigh (which is really only a few square blocks), and one minute from I-440. It's about a 20-minute drive to the airport as well. You can walk to the Crabtree Valley (Super)Mall, which is right next door.

I highly recommend this hotel; it is one of the best Marriotts I have stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dlostyle77
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is the second year we have held our family reunion at this hotel. The staff has been excellent both times. The suites are great for a long weekend, with a full kitchen, and couch. We grilled hot dogs near the pool on one of their large gas grills for lunch one day. The hotel is within walking distance of the mall for shopping, and dining options. Breakfast offers a variety of options for all family members.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My boyfriend and I traveled to Raleigh in February of 2014. I chose the Marriott Residence Inn Crabtree for our accommodations as I have stayed in Residence Inn's before and enjoyed the services and amenities offered. The staff at this cozy little hotel was great. One particular gal (I cannot remember her name) was working the bar/food service one night and was a delight to talk to. She told us more about the area and North Carolina in general. Great customer service presented by her and other staff.

The breakfast was the typical Residence Inn buffet style breakfast - waffles, eggs, fruit, meats and a variety of beverages to choose from. Nothing fancy but it hit the spot and saved on money. This hotel is within walking distance of the Crabtree Valley Mall, restaurants and bars and it's only a short drive (maybe 10-15 minutes) to Umstead State Park.

Although I was sick with a respiratory infection for the entire vacation and even fell ill with some sort of stomach virus, I felt right at home at this hotel. If we are ever in the Raleigh area again, we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Currently on my fourth week in this hotel... I LOVE it. I am here on business and it feels like i haven't left home. The hotel is a bit old but everything still works fine..I had some minor issues with my window coming off lol which really frustrated me, but, it was handled right away. I can't remember the manger's name but she was pretty awesome. They offered to move me to a different room but I declined. But everything was taken care of rapidly. I have stayed in a lot of fancy hotels but a hotel that can meet all your basic needs is what you really want, trust me. Great job guys.

Also the location is incredible. Right in front of a mall so you could go bankrupt under a week. No, seriously, it's a walking distance..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, wish i did... I didn't know they had one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed one night for girls (my mom & sisters) get-away night. We had a suite with a kitchen, two bed rooms and two bathrooms. There was one queen bed in each room. I had to sleep on the sofa bed. It was extremely late before we turned in for the night and when I tried to pull out the sofa bed, there was not enough room between the sofa and the TV stand for the bed to pull fully out. In addition, the mattress appeared to be urine stained and there was no fitted sheet. So I slept sitting up on the sofa that night. My mom and sisters said their beds were comfortable. The room was otherwise clean, bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen was well equipped. There is NO ice machine. We were told by the front desk to use the ice maker in the freezer but that wasnt going to do it for us so we were told to go to the front lobby bar to get some ice. We were given a whole half ice bucket! So I got in my car and went to the store and bought ice. I found that to be very inconvenient. For what we paid for this room, we should have at least had some ice provided. While we were in the lobby bar, my sisters and I decided to have a drink. The young female "bartender" had the personality of a doorknob... seriously... no smile, no chit-chat. unfriendly, almost rude. We paid $30 for 3 shots of Crown!! However, the young lady at the desk in the front lobby was very nice. Breakfast was good, standard. Location was great. Close to mall and restaurants. We would maybe consider staying again but there are so may other choices we probably will explore instead.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Zach F, Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for any inconvenience with the ice. We have a large ice maker in the kitchen and we are happy to provide guests with as much as they may need. Unfortunately I am not sure what the situation may have been that evening.

I believe you were staying in one of our two bedroom suites that was handicap accessible. With the lay out of those rooms, I know things can be very tight when trying to use the pull out sofa. If need be, the team would be happy to assist in rearranging any furniture to make it more comfortable, and provide all linens needed. We will do an inspection on the condition of that mattress and replace if necessary.

We want all of our guests to be comfortable and satisfied with their stay at Residence Inn Crabtree and I am sorry your experience was not quite there! But again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve for future guests. We hope you will come back to visit!

Zach
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Whenever I travel to Raleigh, this is my go-to hotel. But I really put it at the top of my list after this weekend. It was my daughter's graduation and we needed a place for friends and family. Rooms were clean, spacious and had everything we needed. While traffic was a pain, it was good to be right next to the mall. And then there was breakfast--a FULL meal. My relatives commented on the meal and even started talking about a potential family reunion spot. For your money, you really can't do much better. Go for it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We continue to choose Residence Inns as our home away from home, and this RI was an excellent choice for our nearly week long trip to Raleigh. Most Residence Inns are nearly identical in room decorations so little to comment on in that regard. We had a two bedroon unit with a fireplace, which was enjoyed on a cool evening. This room also only had a cooktop and microwave;instead of a standard kitchen stove, which was standard for this location. This trend in kitchen design in RIs may be easier for the motel to maintain, but does limit how meals can be prepared.
The housekeeping was really good at this location and our rooms were clean on our return every day. Supplies were kept up (dishwasher packets, paper towels, etc.) and the entire staff was friendly and helpful.
We did not try the managers light meals, and only tried a little of the breakfast but was actually happy with more than the standard fare being available.
Management was really outstanding ; with our reservation exactly as ,and where, we reserved, and gave us speedy attention to a repair issue. Since we travel with show dogs, how they are received is important to us,too, and everyone was all smiles as we went by. Grass for the dogs where we asked to be located was adequate but a pets allowed larger area was available at the other end of the site. A gorgeous walking trail just across from the entrance is recommended by us, too. The Mall is about two minutes drive, but we never found the entrance for our taller vehicle. Grocery store about five minutes away and all other needs easy to find. This RI is a winner!

• Stayed: March 2014