I have been staying in Candlewood Suites hotels for a little over a year now, and they continue to impress me as a hotel chain again and again. The Candles Suites Raleigh-Crabtree is, quite honestly, the best that I have stayed in thus far, surpassing the two CS's I stayed at prior. There is a reason it is ranked as one of Raleigh's top hotels, and you can see it in just about every aspect of this hotel. I have been here since August 2011 on the third floor.
I have, so far, stayed in two different rooms in this particular hotel, once in one of the single bedroom suites, and currently in a studio suite. Most of the major points apply to both rooms. The bathroom areas were both very neat and clean, no paint peeling or mold. The showers have very good water pressure, with a older-style pressure adjuster so you can tweak it to your liking. The bed is soft and comfortable, and the AC's in the rooms are great. I was especially glad that I never had to rig something up to keep tripping the sensor in either of my rooms to get the A/C to kick on. My studio was so nice, I kept my window open most of the time, with my climate control turned off, and even on cooler days, it was veyr comfortable in my room.
The kitchenette is, as always with this chain, a time and money saver. Nothing terribly special to write home about, but useful nonetheless. The big differences, obviously, come with space. I do have to note, one of my two criticisms with this hotel (this one being a rather miniscule issue), is that only the bedroom suites have flat panel TV's. The studios' still have CRT's, which was a bit of a bummer when I went to the studio. Both rooms had enough table real estate to accommodate my desktop, monitor, and Xbox 360. The rooms are fairly quiet, and well sound-proofed. You will only occasionally hear traffic noise, which are usually emergency services vehicles traveling up Lead Mine Rd.
The other complaint I have, which for me is a bit higher due to the nature of my work, is the hotel's internet connection. While it performs fairly for speed, it only does so after you pay a fee for extra bandwidth. The free connection caps out at around 750 kbps, and to get the 2 mbps connection, you have to pay $4.99 for a day, $19.99 for a week, or $59.99 for a month. Your purchase also only applies to a single device, so if you have multiple networked devices, you have to pay for each of them if you want decent speeds.
The staff of this hotel are great. I really can't think of anything else to say. Every one of them is friendly, accommodating, and willing to work with you.
As with all Candlewood Suites, this is an extended stay hotel. You will only get housekeeping services once a week, so plan accordingly. New linens can be requested at the front desk.
The hotel is very easy to locate, just off of I-440, off Glenwood Avenue. It's about 10 minutes from downtown Raleigh, and getting into town is fairly easy. The Crabtree mall is right across the street, offering lots of shopping opportunities. There are also several delivery options if you do not feel like cooking. Free Washer/Dryers are a staple of the CS name, and they also have a fitness and business center.
Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I will almost be troubled to leave, because I doubt anywhere else I stay will come to this level of quality in a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across from Crabtree Valley Mall, we are conveniently located near I440 at Exit 7 and at the corner of Glenwood Avenue and Lead Mine Road. The Candlewood Suites Raleigh/Crabtree Hotel is central to all of Raleigh s best attractions, businesses, and restaurants! FREE WiFi, FREE GUEST LAUNDRY and FITNESS FACILITY, plus FREE Local Calls, this hotel has positioned itself as the perfect hotel for business and leisure travelers! Our fully equipped kitchens makes us ideal for the extended stay traveler relocating or in Raleigh on assignment needing temporary accommodations. HOSPITALS nearby: Rex Healthcare, WakeMed Hospital, & Duke/Raleigh Hospital, COLLEGES nearby: NC State University, Meredith College, Shaw University, Peace College, & Saint Augustine's. We are near so many LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: Crabtree Valley Mall, North Hills Shopping, all that Downtown Raleigh has to offer, the PNC Center, NC State Fair Grounds and Veterinary School, all Government facilities, and the TimeWarner Cable Music Pavilion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Raleigh - Crabtree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Raleigh - Crabtree Hotel Raleigh
- Candlewood Raleigh
- Raleigh Candlewood Suites