“a pleasant surprise”

Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Princeton, New Jersey
“a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My boyfriend and I picked this hotel because it was cheap and highly rated- we weren't expecting anything fancy. We were pleasantly surprised at the location, and quality of the hotel. For as cheap as it was, we have nothing to complain about at all. The staff was very kind and friendly, our room was clean and had new furniture.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank xdarcy
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our property. We strive as a team to offer a clean, comfortable room with a great staff offering friendly service. We hope to have the pleasure of having you as a return guest in the near future!

Kelly Kirk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Felton, Delaware
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn the first weekend in April. There was a little discrepancy with our reservation, however, the hotel Manager & Staff corrected it appropriately. The Front desk staff were very welcoming throughout our stay, the rooms are very nice & the location was perfect for our event.
We absolutely LOVED our stay & would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susie19943
Commerce, Georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2010

The motel is quiet, clean, comfortable & very convenient to I-40 and downtown Raleigh. The motel has a coffee machine in the lobby, but no breakfast, but the room had a microwave & fridge. I did not find eating places close by, but there are several, plus Target & Kroger, within a reasonable driving distance. Access from downtown is complicated because of the divided highway, but there are streets that lead into the motel from the rear, if you don't want to try to make a u-turn in heavy traffic.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank GaGenGirl
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on your stay. The staff and myself are committed to making sure each guest has a clean comfortable room at a reasonable rate and that you walk away with a positive experience.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Trip Advisor doesn't steer me wrong, and this was no exception. I paid $47 dollars (with my AAA Discount) and got a clean, totally servicable room in downtown Raleigh. Seriously, what a deal! Also, it was just as clean as the Comfort Inn I paid $135 bucks to stay in two nights before. If you are looking for a good, safe, clean budget hotel in the Raleigh area, you should check this place out!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelhampster
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at our property. The staff and myself appreciate your kind words and hope to serve you again in the future.

Harrells, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Sorry that I didn't have any pictures. But the staff was knowledgable about the area, including where I was heading for the NC State Fire Assoc. Conference. I really enjoyed my stay. Housekeeper Virginia was real pleasant and soft spoken. This hotel is right off I-40 Exit 298-B. If you look left. You will miss it. So when you go to the hotel, look to the right! LOL. I didn't even hear the traffic on I-40 at anytime. I never got to the snack area cause of the good sleep that I got during my stay. I was always runnig late! But the area did smell good in the morning with the coffee brewing! I reccommend this hotel to all. I will be returning in the future!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TheMonteCarloMan
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 August 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to post here on Trip Advisor. Glad to hear you had a great stay, we really do try to make sure all of our guest leave happy! Hope to see you again soon.
Dallas
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I travel a lot to this area and the Red Roof has become my home away from home. The customer service there is beyond what is expected. They are always so nice and make sure we have everything we need. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The quality for the price is great. This hotel is convenient to shopping and resturants too. I will always stay at the Red Roof Inn when I am in Raleigh. No better place for the money.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shbuchanan
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
Ms. Buchanan:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The management and staff strive to give our guest a clean, comfortable room with great service at a great price.

We hope you have you as our guest again soon.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We recently stayed here to attend a concert at the RBC Center. The room and hotel very super clean. The staff especially everyone at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. For the price we paid, you can't beat it!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends