“Red Roof Raleigh,NC STAY HERE”

Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Wow what a difference a few miles down road means to a good night sleep.

This hotel was clean, smelled fresh, had hard working staff that were always working. Even in 106 degree weather the front clerk kept the coffee hot to keep guests like myself happy. The price was a bit more than the neighboring Red Roof but well worth it.

The small problem was that coming or going may involve a u-turn

In the area was a laundry mat, subway, a few seafood restaurants. down the road a bit in Garner,NC an Applebee's, Outback, Kroger's grocery, banks, good gas prices

This is a pet friendly hotel plenty of room to walk your dog. With no additional cost for that service.

This my 7th out of 8 RED ROOF INN and 2ND one in the Raleigh,NC area.since leaving AZ in Mid May 2012.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Donnersr:

Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Raleigh, we appreciate your feedback and share your comments with our staff. I am pleased to see that the accomodations were clean and comfortable and that the staff even in the unsufferable heat (106) was friendly and accomodating. We hope next time you come to Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again and always remember your four legged friends are always welcome.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

The room was clean,the bed was hard. The location was convenient to downtown. Breakfast in a bag is a packaged muffin, a bottle of water and an apple. Service was not friendly at all. Probably wouldn't stay here again but it worked for us for this trip.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Marion L:

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to do a trip advisor review your feedback is apprecaited and shared with my staff. I am pleased to see that you had a clean room which we pride outselves on clean, comfortable rooms with a friendly staff, it seems we only hit 1 of the 3 for you. I am terribly sorry the bed was too hard for you and that the front desk was not on their normal accomodating and friendly ways. I wish you would e-mail me at the hotel so I can get a better picture of what went wrong, I want my guest to walk away happy and satisfied.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed here with my husband and our small dog over memorial day and we were very pleased with our experience. The staff was friendly, and our room was comfortable, clean, and odor free. It is also convenient to virtually everything in Raleigh. We will stay here anytime we are in Raleigh, even if we do not bring our dog.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Coxk09
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Coxk09:

So pleased to see that you, your husband and your dog had a pleasant stay with us, we pride ourselves on clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I hope next time you are in Raleigh either with out withour pet thatyou will choose to stay with us again. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Very clean and reasonably priced. Rooms are very large as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed here for one evening while down in Raleigh for a graduation. Hotel was easy to find, and provided decent accommodations. We stayed in a double-queen suite, but the beds really looked to be more like full than queen to me. But, the bed was comfortable enough, and I slept fine. My wife slept ok as well, which is unusual for her.

One negative was that I asked the front desk for a local paper or at least something listing local theaters, and all they had was USA Today.

Red Roof Inns are not luxurious, nor do they attempt to be. For the money, I think it was fine. If you like the hotel to be part of your travel experience, look elsewhere, but if you just need a place to sleep, this Inn gives you that and more. Oh, but don't plan on walking anywhere. It's close enough to drive to lots of nice attractions, but not within walking distance of any.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

PAVactioner614:

Thank you for your trip advisor review and I am so pleased to see that your wife found out beds comfortable. I agree with you we are centrally located in Raleigh, 1 1/3 miles to downtown and right off of the interstate but with no sidewalks walking in this area can be a challenge! As you stated, Red Roof Inn is not known for luxury, we offer a clean, comfortable room at an affordable rate, we also just happen to have a great staff and a good location! I hope next time you are in Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several business trips and am very impressed every time. The staff is very hospitable and the rooms are spacious and clean. The location is excellent, only minutes from downtown Raleigh and the Interstate. The bag breakfast if good for people like me that need to get out of the door a.s.a.p. Thank you Red Roof Inn!! Paul

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Paul:

Thank you for the great review! Your feedback has been shared with my staff and we are pleased to know that as a repeat guest you find our accomodations in good standing. The grab and go breakfast has been added since we do not have a breakfast restaurant within walking distance this way at least there is something you can grab on your way out the door to hold you over, thank you for the feedback on this. I hope you will choose to continue to stay with us when you are in Raleigh.

K Kirk

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at this location for business during the last weekend in April 2012. Unfortunately for me, there was a loud, rowdy, and obnoxious group of teen-aged athletes that were noisy and disruptive all throughout the night on Saturday and into Sunday morning. Luckily for me I was up all night and morning working on a report; however, had I attempted to sleep it would have been virtually impossible given the amount of noise. I was also in a room near the elevator, so I got the added bonus of constantly hearing the elevator go up and down as well as the “ding” that sounded when the elevator stopped on each floor. The hotel wasn’t all bad, though. The room was clean, the desk was large, WIFI was free and there was also a fridge and a microwave. A couple of things annoyed me about the room- I had to requested both an iron (with a tiny ironing board) and hair dryer from the from the front desk- they were not standard in the room. There was no tissue in the room. The coffee maker was broken. I would definitely not recommend the location for business travelers.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here request a room that is far from the elevator.