“Awesome Room!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Absolutely no complaints. This is a very nice hotel for the money. Clean,comfortable, with a super friendly staff! Next visit to Raleigh I will be spending my nights here! Very convenient location between downtown Raleigh, and Garner, NC.

• Stayed: September 2012
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Scomo74:

Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review on your stay at Red Roof Inn Raleigh. I am pleased to see that you had a great stay and thank you for letting others know of this. We are due to have our flat screen TV's ' installed this month so hopefully on your next stay you will be looking at a new product. I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is, by far, the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff on all shifts were extra helpful & very friendly. The cleanliness of my room was superior to most hotels! Even the perimeter, corners of the room & base around the bed were clean! The area is very safe, easy to find & quiet. I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: August 2012
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear SJR:

So glad to see that you had a great stay at our hotel, we try very hard to offer our guest a clean comfortable room with great service and I am pleased to see that this is what you experienced. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

This hotel has been updated in the last few yrs so its not run down. Cannot comment on the breakfast as there is an IHOP a block away and we eat there. For the price its nice and not spotless but clean. Anyone could nit-pick no matter where you stay but Im not uppity and I think its reasonable.

Room Tip: all the rooms have outside doors facing the parking lot. No access through a lobby. If you have a la...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Bobbie M:

Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor Review. We pride ourselves on having clean, comfortable rooms and I am pleased to see that your stay was satisfactory. I hope next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

While I previously liked this hotel, it is no longer a good stay for me; this is what I sent to Red Roof.

1)Prevent a scam phone call from waking me at 4:30 am and pretending to be the front desk. That is the hotel should update security for your phone system.
2)Offer me coffee when I check in. No coffee was available until morning. (And use a slightly bigger coffee cup.)
3)Move the chairs and prevent sketchy workcrew guys from listening to my checkin information.
4)Buy decent mattresses.
5)Eliminate the automatic $1.50 charge for the safe; I have to remember to ask the desk to remove the stupid charge in the morning. That is your policy.
6)Offer a better breakfast (than a packaged muffin and an apple)
7)Cut back the shrubs so I feel safe in the parking lot.
8)Put maybe one more towel in the bathroom for even a single person. Remember to offer towels if more than one person is in the room.
9)Discuss with the City of Raleigh a better, safer way of getting motorists into your hotel site. What a hassle to get into your driveway from several directions.

On the upside, the staff here is very friendly and the rooms are clean. Basics are just barely ok.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room here on an upper floor. The windows on the ground floor are too close to th...
1  Thank DeeDeeNC070

Dear DeeDeeNC:

Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review and let me apologize for the problem you encountered with unwanted phone calls to your room, as an update hopefully this problem has been eliminated, all phone calls coming into the hotel from outside must now come through the front desk and be verified that they know the name of the guest before it is put through. Coffee and hot tea is available in the lobby 24 hours a day, when you were a guest here we were experencing 100 plus degree days and we were just throwing pots of coffee away left and right, the front desk is more than happy to make anyone a pot of coffee if there is not any made, if this was not offered to you I am sorry and I have spoke to the staff about it. There is not much we can do or the City of Raleigh is willing to do about our entrance I know it can be trying at times but there are short cuts in and out of the property that we are more than wililng to share with our guests! Once again, please accept my apologie for your last stay, I hope you will give us another try next time you are in the area.

Sincerley,

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Staff was friendly and courtious. Room was cool, clean and large, w/a great work station...and free WI-FI. And while this was a business trip, I did check out their pet policy. Pets, and kids under 17, stay for free! For less than $70 a night, you can't beat it. I would highly recommend this Red Roof Inn!

Dear Dee B:

I am so pleased to see that you had a great stay at our property, we try to offer clean, comfortable rooms along with a friendly staff! Yes, please feel free to bring your 4 legged friend along with you on your next trip and children under 17 are always free with an adult.

I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area and thank you for the review!

Kelly K

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed here on business and the deluxe king was perfect. I had quiet, a great work space and slept like a baby. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They suggested an Italian restaurant just down the road and I had best lasagna ever.

Room Tip: The deluxe business king is great.
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review, your comments have been shared with my staff and I am pleased that we offered you a clean, comfortable affordable room. I hope next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Kelly Kirk

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Clean, comfortable, has the basics for an overnight stay. Staff not rude, but not very friendly. Was ok for our stay but we'd skip it next time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear StarryNights:

Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review, I am pleased to see that your room was clean and comfortable but very disappointed that the staff was not welcoming since we pride ourselves on customer service. If you would not mind taking a minute of your time and dropping me an e-mail at i0256@redroof.com to let me know about your stay so that I can speak to the staff about, it would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you will give us another try next time you are in Raleigh.

Kelly Kirk