Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Richmond, Virginia
“Bed Bugs!!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Woke up this morning to find bed bugs in our beds. Patrick the front desk clerk was very helpful in comping the room and trying to get a manager. Apparently the manager is out and one of two others couldn't be found. He also immediately called the exterminator. Very nice and professional staff. But, BED BUGS!!! Yuck!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
caniac27603, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Gsmith06, I apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. We take these matters very seriously. Anytime we have an incident of this nature we have the room professionally inspected and serviced so no other guest will have this experience. Our staff is trained to respond quickly and take care of our guests needs. Thank you for your comments and I hope we can serve you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The experience that I had at this hotel was nothing out of the ordinary. However, for the price given, it was just what my group needed. The staff was very nice, the accommodations met expectations, and the location was great for the events that my group considered.

The only complaint that comes to mind is finding a diaper under my bed, but I can overlook it with the overall experience in mind.

If you're out on business, it is not a bad option.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very nice, nicely remodeled, quiet, comfortable, got a great internet price. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Superior king was excellent and very clean. Great place to stay with pets. Remodeled rooms are really nice with new furniture, flat screen tv, and parkay flooring instead of carpet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Jim, thank you for your comments regarding your past stay, I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to hosting you the next time you are in our area.
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great location which is close to downtown. Clean room with laminate floors (instead of the dreaded carpet) and modern bathrooms. I booked this place 4 times in the last few weeks as I am in Raleigh on business. I like the grab-n-go breakfast but they need to upgrade the breakfast offering as it really basic. There is no gym, but the hotel is right next to the Walnut Creek Trail which is quite nice for a runner, walker.
No extra amenities and no business center as I needed to scan one piece of paper. Albeit, the WiFi is great. Their Customer service needs to improve though as they seemed to not be so accommodating to customers using 3rd party websites to book them. I used Priceline and Orbitz

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael N
Michael, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent visit with us. I am glad you choose the Red Roof Inn when you are in this area. The grab-n-go breakfast is somewhat new to our hotel and we always value our guests opinion so we may be able to improve it in the future. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Raleigh!
Winston Salem, North Carolina, Usa
Reviewed 4 April 2014

From the moment I came through the door to when I left, I had a great experience. Everyone was so lovely and helpful. The people at the desk were super helpful with everything. I didn't have a car so it was nice that it was so close to the bus stop (which everyone on the desk knew were it was). It was also nice that it was so close to the train station. The room was so nice and quite comfortable for the price. My one complaint was that it is not at the best location for someone who walks because of all the traffic with the exits from I-40/440. But it is what it is, and that will not stop me from coming back.

Room Tip: It is a pet friendly hotel so even if you are on a pet-free floor, you are might be below someone wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for telling us how much you enjoyed your stay! I will share your comments with our staff, we love to provide exceptional service for all of our guests. We look forward to serving again in the future.
Small Town NC
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Since first finding and staying here several years ago I've been nothing but happy staying at this hotel. I've recommended it to friends - they, too, continue returning - all of us do, several times a year. Have loved staying even more since the remodel - the rooms are wonderful! Most recent stay - was in town for the St. Patrick's Day weekend festivities, downtown.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hi Small Town!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and thank you for your continued patronage, I am pleased to see that over time we are still offering you great service and a clean comfortable room. I have to agree the new rooms are clean and modern and our Premium rooms even have more to offer your snack boxes and extra linen!

We hope to see you in Raleigh again soon and once again,

Thank you!

K Kirk
Panhandle Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Part of my business is transporting small animals interstate. This lovely hotel, with indoor corridors, permits pets and since there was a Kennel Club show in town I got to meet lots of gorgeous dogs ... including a brindle Great Dane ... One of the winners. Take note ... people who show winning dogs stay only at very good hotels. Everything spotless. Smelled very clean. Loved the laminated floors. Since I was traveling with a cat and litter pan the laminate seemed much more hygenic. My cat had crying spell so I went out into the hall to see if sound traveled. It did not. Excellent wall structure. This hotel had a 5 star shower. I requested top floor and water pressure was incredible even on top floor. This shower exceeded quality of many expensive resorts. My only negative was that there was not a hair dryer in the room and I'd traveled without one. Great place to stay. Bravo Red Roof!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Taylorcat2us
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I really enjoyed talking to you in the lobby! Thank you once again for your great review on our property and remember, all of our deluxe doubles and superior king rooms have hair dryers in them and they are always available at the front desk. Glad your car problems were fixed and you were able to head home. We hope to see you again next time you are in Raleigh!

K Kirk