“Hated it! Creepy!!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 9 October 2007

The fitness room was small and hot (no fan). The TV looked like it had been stolen out from the wall. The universal machine was broken and needed a screwdriver placed in it to make it work.
The tub stopper came loose and my husband fell because it travelled around the tub.
My husband was propostitioned to buy drugs while watching a football game in the guest lounge. There were unseemly guys wandering around the halls all night long--filthy t-shirts, etc. We were genuinely concerned for our safety and for our car.
Our TV shut off by itself 4 times in one evening. The remote had no back covering the battery so we had to hold it in the remote manually.
Ice machine didn't work and vending machines weren't stocked.
So much more....
A horrible, horrible experience. We'll never go back there. The Comfort Suites at RDU is 100 times better and it was the same price. Plus the one at RDU has a pool and washer/dryer.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Jane0218

Reviewed 22 May 2006

The good things about this place are all superficial -- breakfast, nice lobby. We chose this Comfort Suites because we have a baby, and having a suite makes it easier to sleep in the same room. The website does say "partial room divide," but that really isn't a suite at all. At check-in, there was only one staff member present and three people waiting to check in. She kept answering the phone and handling phone reservations instead of helping the people who were there in person! Then, the crib we requested wasn't in the room. When I requested it again, they brought an old, rickety crib that was completley unsafe. The hinges were loose and a baby could easily get her fingers caught. The plastic rails were broken, sharp, and jagged. And when we asked if they had a different crib, the other one was worse! Finally, the carpet in our room was soggy and mildewy near the AC. Just gross!

Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank shulie
A TripAdvisor Member
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2006

Although this hotel has a nice location and the rooms where adequate, check in was horrible. I booked on line as a gift for my sons received a confirmation number (you know when you use your CC and have to confirm the three digit number on the back). When my sons got there, the were left for hours because they said the reservation was not confirmed. I had called the day before to assure everything was okay and was told everything was fine.

Now they had all of my credit information and evidently check it out to confirm the reservation, they told my sons they had to track me down have me fax a copy of credit card front and back as well as my drivers license number. It was awlful, you talk about ID theft, I was scarred to death but had no choice, it was either that or allow my sons to be out of a room or use all of there cash flow.

I report this mishap to the Comfort Customer Service and receive a letter stating it was there policy...
This would have been fine if they told me that when booking the reservation or the day I called to confirm the reservation.

I will never utilize Comfort Suites or one of there subsiduary companies again. I have reported this issue to my corporate headquarters to request they avoid using Comfort Suite and am writing a letter to the SCC and my credit card company as well.

Make sure to double and triple check your reservations and if it is a gift, be careful.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 January 2005

We loved the service of the entire staff during our stay. The suites are very clean and comfortable. We will be back!

1  Thank vadgama
A TripAdvisor Member
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 16 March 2004

This one is okay as far as the Comfort Suites go, although the fact that it is fairly new would make you exppect that it would be nicer.
The furniture in our rooms the two times we stayed there was already worn - forget about the sofas, they are rock hard and threadbare - and the whole thing had the aura of being put up fast and not quite finished before they started selling rooms. The breakfast buffet is good, and they do seem to care about the amenities, just be very careful when you check out to go over the bill line by line, the front desk staff seems to be under instructions to add things that you may not notice if you're in a hurry. Okay for the value, but just barely.

• Stayed: January 2005