“Good service & quick”

O'Charley's
Ranked #266 of 1,502 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Always smart to get there well before the lunch crowd as it fills up pretty fast. We were seated as soon as we walked in the door. in fact the door was opened by one of the hostesses with a "Welcome to O'Charley's". Both of us ordered from the soup & 1/2 salad part of the menu and everything was good. Service was fast partially because of when we got there. Even so our server was attentive thru out our meal. We eat there every 4 or 5 weeks. It's close to the office, service is fast and the food is good.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had dinner here recently and right away, it started out on the wrong foot. There were plenty of empty tables everywhere, but the host told us it would be 5 minutes. As strange as this seemed, we complied. When we got seated, we politely turned down the server's offer for a bread basket. We're trying to eat healthier and are in the middle of a doctor prescribed diet that limits carb and starch intake. Given this, when we ordered our food, we stuck to the healthier options (which are not that abundant on an O'Charley's menu). The server's frequent comments about us eating healthy proved to be a big turn-off for me. To the server's credit, we were brought out a side salad to share in leiu of bread, etc. This was a nice effort. I don't eat salads, but the other 2 people with me enjoyed it. I ordered the cedar plank tilapia and when the food came out, I could instantly tell it was either the largest and pinkest tilapia I'd ever seen or they messed up and ordered the salmon instead. After a bite, I was conviced. The server was nowhere to be found, but after a while a manager on duty saw that none of us were eating. He asked if he could do anything for us and I told him that I had ordered the tilapia. He instantly agreed the order was incorrect and said he'd get the correct order out. He offered to let me keep the salmon, but the thought of carrying fish back on a 90 minute car ride did not sound appealing, so I declined. After the rest of my table was done eating, my correct order finally came out. The fish was very good, but the brocolli was not cooked all the way. At this point, I just wanted to leave. After enduring several more rounds of health food comments from the server, I was done and the check had arrived. After all this, we still paid full price. I didn't set out to get a free meal or a discount, however, it would have been a nice effort on their behalf to have done something after noticeably messing up for over an hour. It could have perhaps prevented me from giving a poor rating. Instead, I paid full price for a meal that we couldn't eat at the same time while hearing unwelcome comments from the server for the duration.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

The place wasn't the cleanest, but the personnel were great. The food was okay. I couldn't find anything that appealed to me so I ordered a club sandwich. Maybe I was expecting too much but it looked like processed meat out of a package. It was okay. My companion ordered some kind of chicken with honey on top. It was okay. Our total bill was less than $28 (with tip). That was okay too.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

When we called ahead to check on the wait time, Aaron advised us that it would be about 10 minutes, which was very good for a Friday night. We immediately saw the manager's name etched on a glass above the entry. With Benjy Capps' name displayed, it showed that he takes ownership in the people and product he oversees. A very good point here. Our server, Dana, was prompt in greeting us and taking our orders. Our steaks were medium well with a nice warm pink center and the sides complimented the beef. We asked about their brunch and were quickly shown a menu for it. Count on us coming back because of good service and good food.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Had to wait for about 45 minutes to be seated but there was five of us on a Saturday night. The food was good, but the service was exceptionally good.