“Great room, nice experience.”

Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersGold level
North Tonawanda, New York
“Great room, nice experience.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed three nights mid July with my family of four and had a very nice experience. The room was very large and really enjoyed having a separate partitioned sitting area with couch/sleeper sofa. A large desk and fridge/storage stand added to nice amenities. Beds were very comfortable. Room and bath were very clean. Pool and spa were standard but, thought they could have used some additional umbrella tables. Hotel has free Wi-Fi and breakfast which is a nice treat. The breakfast selection and quality was well above average with fresh breakfast sandwiches in skillets, as well as all juices, cereals, fruit and all breads.
I would stay here again and highly recommend.

1 Thank kandlsheen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The rooms were in great shape, and the staff very friendly. The breakfast options were reasonable, and while their roll selection couldn't compare to the artery clogging (yet quite delicious) Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls, their fruit salad was great!

Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David J
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Over the years I have stayed at many Hyatt Places. This was my first visit to this particular Hyatt Place Raleigh West. I encountered a few issues with the front desk. When I requested the hotel shuttle I was blown off. I finally got the shuttle and was dropped off at the location however when asked for a pick-up I was told they don't do that. This was shocking because I had never been informed they would not do pick-up. I ended up getting a cab back to the hotel and told the front desk to pay the cabbie. As a loyal diamond member I don't appreciate the lack luster service I received during this stay. I shouldn't have to argue getting a shuttle back to the hotel from the same place I was dropped off before 10pm mind you. The room was fine, typically Hyatt Place nothing extraordinary but perfect for what I needed.

Based on this experience and lack luster service I may opt to look at another Hyatt Hotel next time I'm visiting the Raleigh area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank randy w
CA
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for one night, got through Hotel Tonight app, saved $25 with a code as well, just over $100 total. Was absolutely worth it. Fantastic helpful, friendly staff. Beautiful place from the moment you walk in. Had a large room, king bed, sofa, table.. the shower was especially fabulous. Glass doors.. all around, just a real quality place. Slept like a baby with 4 big pillows around me. Breakfast was included in the morning with different kinds of eggs, french toast, cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, juices, milk, great Starbucks coffee.. had a workout in the gym, which has REALLY solid equipment and is exceptional. So nice to go in a hotel gym and not see shoddy old equipment. Checkout wasn't til noon so it was wonderful to relax and not have to rush.

There are a few things to improve upon - the bathroom tissue was really cheap and felt like sandpaper, and in a place like this, I would expect much better. The lighting in the room was harsh - it's the long-lasting bulbs which I'm all for environmentally, but they need to get some warmer type bulbs. The lighting in the shower/toilet area is especially poor. The sink sucks - the spout is just BARELY over the edge of the sink, making it really difficult to use/wash hands.
And overall, internet (free) was sketchy in my room and in the lobby, it came and went and was very slow, and when I tried to watch a show from a website it said I was unable to do so.

But overall, I would happily stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
westlake village, ca
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed one night here in the midst of a 3 week mid west/ southeast college tour. Booked this at the last minute through Hotels.com, and though that booking is another story entirely, The Hyatt Place was fantastic!!! They kindly and professionally handled the reservation change immediately before our arrival. The hotel itself was very clean, beds very comfortable, and the amenities top notch. Breakfast, which was included, was refreshingly different than the normal fare. Work out room large, clean, and very well equipped. Every employee eager to please. The best part was the rate was the cheapest we paid, anywhere...included the most, and slept the most people!! Would recommend and stay here again without hesitation. And I will add...even with 5 kids, I am still a hotel snob...best bang for your buck by far!!

Room Tip: Not applicable
1 Thank Monica L
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice, clean, spacious rooms at a fair price (under 100 bucks for this trip). They offer a superb breakfast from 7:00-10:00 including hot egg dishes, French toast, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, juices and more. The staff was courteous and helpful when we had questions. The bar looked a little dull and uninspired but at least it was there for those whose chose to use it. The exercise room was better than adequate with the one issue being the sanitary wipes were very difficult to find and the equipment looked like people stopped searching for them and the equipment was a little dirty. Please Hyatt, do a better job of letting guests know where they can find the wipes to clean the equipment when they're done using it. (Note: they are camouflaged on the top of the metal trash can with a little note that they're there.) We did use the pool and it was fine. The hot tub looked like it needed some attention. We never could get it hot enough where we felt comfortable (from a germ killing standpoint) where we could enjoy its use. I was happily surprised to find a mini-fridge in the room.

Room Tip: I would guess all rooms are pretty nice. This hotel is located 1 mile from NC State's Carter-Fin...
Green Features: Very green. You have the option on towel replacements and it looks like they do a good job with water flow. Well done Hyatt!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Second time family has stayed at this hotel. Clean property, friendly staff, nice lobby lounge. No complaints at all until we awoke Saturday morning and discovered that our shower did not work. Staff was apologetic but not much that could be done at that point-- we had to get on the road. We'd used points to pay for our stay and I was forced to haggle with them just to get them to refund *some* of the points. Not a strong response from the hotel staff unfortunately.