“Nice Lunch Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #127 of 1,439 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: French, American, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A full service, "polished casual" restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Beer, wine, specialty coffees & frozen drinks, served year round! We take the mystery out of crepes by fusing a French Canadian crepe, family traditions and American classics. Catering options include box lunches, party platters and customized on site chef solutions to enjoy at your office or home! Bon Appetit!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice Lunch Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I recently took my daughter here for a leisurely lunch. She had been dying to try this restaurant so I promised her first chance I had were would go. I'm not a huge crepe fan so I wanted to make sure I would have an option as well. I had the Onion Soup Grantinee' with a House Salad and Cheesy Homefries (not a healthy side but I was starving so I added those). The soup was wonderful. I could not have been happier with it. I enjoyed the potatoes as well. They were more of a roasted potato with cheese. A tiny bit dry but really nice flavor. My daughter had the Pommes Brie Crepe and said it was delicious. We shared the Fudge Brownie Crepe for dessert. It was HUGE. I was happy with the service. There were several people there. I waited until most had left to take the picture of the restaurant. I only noticed one waiter but felt he was attentive and had no complaints about the service. I would definitely go again.

• Visited October 2013

Gulf Shores, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a group of about 24 people meet at Simply Crepes for a social gathering in early November in the semi-private area of the restaurant. Although the preparation of the food for so many people took a while, I felt it was worth the wait. The Crespalla Florentine Crêpe I ordered was delicious, and others around the table commented that they enjoyed their food as well. The two servers assigned to us (Ben and Kristen) were attentive and took very good care of us all. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others and hope to be there again myself as soon as my schedule allows.

• Visited November 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and I had breakfast there this morning. When we arrived around 9am there were only 6 or 8 others there, but we had to wait a while before anyone came to seat us. Then we realized they only had one waiter working and he was doing eerything except cooking. After being seated it about ten minutes before he came to give us menus and ask if we wanted drinks. Then it was another very long wait until he returned to take our orders. We were still waiting to be served our coffees. Finally our food came. The crepes were limp and a bit soggy. The eggs and potatoes were good, but how much can go wrong with scrambled eggs? It was ages before he came around and asked if anyone wanted more coffee. Overall it was just OK and the service was a negative. They apparently don't really care about repeat customers or staying in business. It was about $15
per person

• Visited November 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Poor service, below average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I went to Simply Crepes with a group of 6 - we had a reservation for 4:00 p.m. Initially we had reserved for 5:00 p.m. but when our Organizer called to move it up an hour, they had put us down for Sunday. But no problem, she switched the reservation and got us confirmed for 4 on Saturday.

When we walked in and announced we had a reservation, the server told us that "nobody told her" - it's amazing that after calling twice about our reservation that nobody managed to write it down anywhere.

It wasn't busy so they accommodated us quickly. They took our orders, and after being told that the pizza crepe from the kids' menu "wasn't very good", I ordered the ham, brie, and apple crepe with no tomatoes with the loaded potatoes to start.

Loaded potatoes they were not. Unless you call "loaded" the barest sprinkling of cheese, a decent amount of bacon, and a smattering of green onion with a small side of sour cream. I mean, I don't think it would kill their budget to have an actual LAYER of cheese on the giant potatoes instead of getting 2-3 shreds per piece of potato.

And who is surprised that my crepe came out with tomatoes? Instead of whisking the plate away and fixing it, the server felt the need to explain to me how everyone was working doubles and they were all tired and she wrote it down but the kitchen must not have read it. It's ok - just get rid of the tomatoes please!

When the crepe came back, I was very underwhelmed. The crepe itself was cold, bland, and had no true redeeming quality to it. The apple butter was the only thing with flavor in the crepe, and I spent most of the meal picking out the brie and eating that.

In short, I wouldn't go here again - it wasn't a bad value (and the dessert crepes might be better, who knows), but the food was just really uninspiring, and they need to tighten up their front of the house skills.

• Visited September 2013
Williamsburg, VA
“Kitchen slow, service poor, food OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This place just was not very well organized or put together, and overall was just a frustrating place to try to have a pleasant lunch. The primary problem was how slow everything was. There were four of us, and it took over twenty minutes for the kitchen to prepare our orders (and the place was practically empty). The food was OK but nothing special. The Rugby Crepe was good-sized and (over)loaded was pickles and lettuce. The service was very poor to non-existent --- no follow-up, no water refills without being asked, no ability to answer questions about the store’s offers. Ambiance was the best thing going --- cute place. Overall value was poor considering the lunch prices from $11 to $14 for the wait and poor service.

• Visited September 2013