“Price is RIGHT”

Mia Francesca Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mia Francesca Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 1,448 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel
Description: Mia Francesca Trattoria -Tuscan Italian restaurant – located in North Hills – Raleigh, NC invites you to come and experience truly authentic, made from scratch, farm to table Italian cuisine. At Mia Francesca our chefs cultivate the freshest ingredients to bring you what true Northern Italian casual fine dining is – fresh, local ingredients, rustic, and made from scratch. Stepping into Mia Francesca Trattoria is like stepping back in time and space to Northern Italy near Tuscany – where food is and was crafted with simple but creative flavors, where meals were enjoyed with family and friends, and wines and desserts were never skipped – where food is celebrated along with the company of friends and family. At Francesca’s we bring this love of food to North Hills in North Raleigh, adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel.
“Price is RIGHT”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Our first trip to Mia Francesca Trattoria was Valentine's Day! It was an impromptu decision to go out to dinner. So we did not have reservations on one of the busiest days of the year. It was crowded! The hostess was so sweet, she indicated that they had a corner table available near the window (arranged to get max out of the evening's revenue opportunity). We love it when a restaurant is so accommodating. It makes for a good review. We had a great experience. Food was great, atmosphere was romance (in the small corner) and the service exceptional.
On our return, we decided to head to Mia Francesca Trattoria this past week. Sitting at the bar area this time, our experience was a bit different. Couple of things that need attention: I order for a Melbec, to my surprise when I ordered the second glass (hard day at the castle) I was told I had the last glass because they ran out of Melbec. Gracious! Food and beverage manager take note make sure your bar is well stocked. Or tell the person, that it is the last glass of the last bottle. Margarita Pizza, should have fresh slice tomatoes (not caned) but still had good flavor. Pasta dish had an great flavor, would order again.
We will give Mia Francesca Trattoria a few weeks to correct the issues, and may give it another try on return to North Hills.

Raleigh, NC
“hit or miss”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have dined here twice in a week, once with a party of 10 and again with my husband, just the two of us. Both visits, service was an issue (I had to get up and get a pitcher of water to refill our group's glasses, and the waiter brought my husband's and my bill while we were still eating). The food was hit or miss: my salmon was overcooked and dry (ordered medium-rare), but my braised lamb shank was just right. The seafood in the linguini fruitti de mer was cooked perfectly, but the pasta and the sauce were too heavy. The duck risotto was tasty, as were the profiteroles and sorbet for dessert, but the cheesecake was dry. Prices were moderate (our dinner for two was $79 before tip), and they have a very nice chianti for $9 a glass.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“NIce atmospher and good service”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We went in for a simple mid week dinner after a movie and had a good meal and great service. The meal selection is as the name would imply and was large portions, at least in the pasta meals. The wife and I both carried away enough for tomorrows meal and shared desert. It was a cold night and pasta fit the weather. The service seating us seemed a bit out of place as if someone that normally manages was the hosts but it may have been a first night. The waitress however was top notch and very friendly. She knows how to work people. She was able to bring us to the special desert of the evening and I am thankful. Chocolate cake and Almond Ice Cream set of the meal as it should have been. The entrees are in the teens and twenties but with a 15 off coupon it worked well. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone, especially the folks staying in the hotel.

Raleigh, nc
“Average and Bland”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We went with extreme high hopes for a lovely evening. Food is presented nicely- very tasteless, the atmosphere is nice- but too loud. The wait staff is kind- but slow.
Don't think we will be back. Sad.

Clayton, North Carolina
“Good italian”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

St Valentine weekend filled the restaurant to over capacity, extra staff was brought in and we were seated at card tables .. yes card tables. But in spite of this "stretched" situation the service was excellent and the appetizers and entrées were very good. We will return again during a less hectic period

• Visited February 2014

Been to Mia Francesca Trattoria? Share your experiences!