“Excellent Little Place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 November 2013

First and foremost, you can't beat the value for downtown. The Burger was excellent and for under $10, you can't beat it. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars was the fries, which were WAY to salty, and their limited drink menu. Overall, however, the good FAR outweighs the bad. Absolutely will return during my next trip to Raleigh!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We just ate lunch at this quaint little spot and I must say, Ashley Christenson has done it again. The veggie burger was fabulous and the fries duped in vinegar were the perfect crunchy accompaniment. The menu is basic , but there is nothing basic about this burger joint. Give it a try when you've got to have a perfectly seasoned burger cooked to order! It's worth the extra couple of bucks to eat fresh!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

For whatever reason, I had never been here before, but I had heard amazing things. I wasn't disappointed, the burger was cooked to perfection (you can get a 5oz or 8oz)! The fries were also amazing, thick, perfectly cooked, well seasoned and came with some great dippings! Highly recommended if you're looking for a solid burger in town. Prices were reasonable (about $9/burger), gratuity was automatically added (groups larger than 6).

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Chuck's serves the hands-down best burger in all of the Triangle. While their menu is admittedly limited, their ingredients are high quality and they do allow you to sub out various toppings to personalize your burger to your liking. My go-to is definitely the Big House, but honestly you can't go wrong no matter which burger you pick. The crazy milkshake flavors are definitely a must-have as well, since where else can you get a Hummingbird Cake milkshake spiked with dark rum? Also, I don't usually like thick-cut fries since they usually end up being mushy and soft, but the Belgian fries at Chuck's are somehow very crisp. I will say that their pickle chips leave a lot to be desired (especially for $6), but that's about the only complaint I have for this place. Go to Chuck's; you won't regret it.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was in town for training and wanted a quick American meal. The spot was rated #14 in Raleigh so I gave it a shot. The menu is limited and I didn't find anything I liked, so I just asked for a bacon cheeseburger and they brought it out quickly with fries. The burger and fries were very tasty. They offer different dips for their fries and those also added more flavor. They are a bit pricey, but worth it.