Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Germany
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We travelled with our two dogs and usually you end up getting a not so nice room when you have pets with you but this one was really nice. The first thing we paid attention was how clean the room was and I did not smell tobacco like many other non-smoking hotels. Everything was in working order (TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, nice large shower etc). Room was spacious with loveseat instead of just a chair. Outside of the hotel was plenty of grass areas for dogs. We definitely would stay in this hotel again, only negative is if they are having meeting/party in their conferense rooms you can hear it if conversation gets loud. Breakfast was OK, their pancake machine was great. Best part is the housekeepings attention to detail.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank aut0bahn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Property was a little of the main road, but it's close to Walmart and a few restaurants. Check in was quick, but I found out that the pool was closed until Memorial Day. That was dissapointing considering the weather was perfect for relaxing by the pool. The rooms are roomy with a coach, small microwave, refridgerator. Bathroom was ok. It was the first time that I have seen a dropped ceiling in a bathroom. Reminded me of being in a basement. The bed was confortable with two choices of pillows, soft and firm. Main complaint was with the noise in the morning. Doors are really loud when they close. We had a weird noise which I found out was from the wind blowing. Free breakfast wasn't too bad. Overall it's a fairly small hotel with not much within the hotel or within walking distance so I wasn't too impressed. My parents paid for the hotel so I can't complain, but I would rather stay in one of the Hilton chain hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid the room by the elevator. Noisy
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I had to go to Wake Forest for my work and glad I chose this Holiday inn this go around., Everyone was very pleasant and the room nice and clean. I also appreciated the breakfast that still included low carb options! I enjoyed the location because it was also a nice and safe place to walk after a long day at work.

Room Tip: very centrally located if working in Wake Forest or parts of Raleigh
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Robbinsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Several times over the past few months we have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Raleigh North-Wake Forest. Mike Fowler, the Front Desk Manager, has been especially helpful!!!!! The Breakfast is superb, the rooms are great, and the service of everyone on the hotel staff has been terrific!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
greenwood,sc
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The sisters from SC have stayed here 3 times, 2 times to visit with our sister Marie when she was real sick, the 3rd times was for her funeral, this Inn was absloutely wonderful to us, they upgraded our room to a suite for no extra charge, they new us by name by the time we left, they also sent us snacks to our suite, because they new we were there for our sisters funeral. We could NOT have ask for anything more from a Inn. The place was very clean, and the staff could not do enough for us, we will always remember them for being so nice in our time of grief. THANK YA'LL SO VERY MUCH, from the last 4 sisters.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I agree with classactj. I've never seen such foolishness going on at this hotel. It was more geared toward the business class customer at one time. This time I felt like I was in a Section 8 housing project. I saw unsupervised kids roaming freely and disturbing the other guests. If I were the manager, I would not allow this at my hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no unattended, loud kids on your floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank johnq b
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I use to be a frequent guest at this hotel until two weeks ago. At one time this hotel was clean, quiet, and nice. To my surprise, during my last stay I noticed a quick decline in the quality of the hotel and some of the guests. I could not enjoy a good night's sleep due to noise being made by kids at 12:00 a.m. in the hallway. Where are the parents? I also tried to use the computer and the same kids were hoarding the computer. I don't know if this hotel is under new management, but it has truly changed, and not for the better. I felt like I was at a Motel 8. I'm truly disappointed, as I once enjoyed staying here.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 2nd floor. Too much noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank classact j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest
Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
#25 of 85 in Raleigh
Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
Address: 11400 Common Oaks Dr, Raleigh, NC 27614-7002
Region: United States > North Carolina > Raleigh
#15 Business Hotel in Raleigh
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh/Wakefield. We are nestled near Wake Forest in the affluent Wakefield Plantation Community. We are just minutes from historic downtown Wake Forest and North Raleigh. We offer 94 tastefully appointed guestrooms that accommodate anyone from the business traveler to the vacationing family. Traveling on business? Our hotel is within minutes of the Sprint/Embarq Headquarters, Novozymes, Nomaco K-Flex, the Body Shop, and Alcan Incorporated.North Raleigh location is only 20 minutes from downtown. Here just to relax? Enjoy one of the area s beautiful golf courses at the TPC Golf Course at Wakefield, Heritage Golf Course, Wake Forest Golf Course, or Paschal Golf Course. Triangle Town Center & the WRAL soccer fields are just a short drive away. Our hotel is the closest hotel to the area s only sports and entertainment mall, The Factory. The Factory is also home for all soccer, hockey, and baseball tournaments. Want a little more excitement? Visit the Neuse River or Falls Lake and enjoy some canoeing, kayaking, fishing or just a relaxing ride along the river. Whether you are here on business or pleasure our enthusiastic friendly staff will assist you in all your traveling needs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest