“Just Another Shopping Center”
Review of Lafayette Village

Lafayette Village
Ranked #4 of 42 Shopping in Raleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: A French Village in North Raleigh featuring restaurants, retail shops and a indoor/outdoor market. Great atmosphere and best outdoor dining Raleigh has to offer. Pet friendly center.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I came to this place because many reviews said that it had a European feel and was so great. I beg to differ. I was expecting a legitimate village with homes and small businesses etc etc. What I found was a plastic shopping center with bad restaurants and overly price stores selling useless goods. It really is just a shopping center full on non chains. If you are cool with that than go, if you are looking for a true historic village skip this one and keep driving to Charleston

5  Thank Travelergirl998

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My daughter and I had a great at Lafayette Village!! We ate a great lunch at Simply Crepe!! The village mimic Paris!! They even have a Eiffel Tower!!

1  Thank Itsthewrightlife
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We have enjoyed several festivities in the small park area. The stores are a little expensive and the wine shops are really proud of their wine... The vendors in the park were pretty well priced and the entertainment was really nice. The atmosphere is great and the people friendly... I think they just need to maybe lower prices a little in the small shops to get people in

1  Thank Northcountrychick
Reviewed 25 January 2013

this complex owned by Kane Realty, (North Hills) is a very ambitious attempt to bring a little bit of Europe to the triangle. Appropriately located off Falls of Neuse rd. this is one of numerous locations catering to ex pats and people interested in Pub, Irish, European cuisine. There is a creperie, an italian place, a few boutiques, a tapas/wine bar, gelato, and others. The scenery is nice but it looks way too artificial with the fake flowers hanging from the fake balconies. I wish they'd do something with the large open space out front and make it into a charming square or something. That would be more European... there's just this dumb looking tent out there and dead grass.

There's rarely a good parking space but additional spaces can be found under the complex. My biggest gripe is the chocolate shop which is severely overpriced and always empty. I tried that place one time and one time only. $13 for a small bag of bland chocolates..no thanks. I order Lenoidas Belgian chocolates online instead. The Market has some interesting choices . i like the spanish chorizo which is reasonably priced. The grille is casual but a little upscale on the prices. food there is decent. I'd love to see a French restaurant come in. A new Cuban/Argentinian restaurant moved in next to the market (it's actually seperated by a curtain). I tried it and was underwhelmed for the most part. No ambiance, awkward restroom setup, and under seasoned food. It wasn't too bad though.... i'll probably go back for some ropa vieja at lunch time. Haven't had tried the wine bar but it's next on my list.

1  Thank tailsock
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Lafayette village tries to bring some European flair to the South. And they do a very good job. They hold events like Bastille Day, and francophone day and have a unique set of shops from gourmet grocery to a creperie. It's all very nice. My only reservation is that too many of the shops are empty, the parking is too crowded. I'm glad it's here and hope it grows more.

1  Thank DanDeMaioNewton