“Staff went above and beyond”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh NE - Medical Ctr Area
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Had a great time visiting this interesting and educational city but found out just HOW nice it was when we stayed at this fine hotel and the staff went above and beyond to help us out in a dilemma of my own creation. Eva was immediately willing to do all she could to help us out and we cannot say enough positive comments about the courteous and kind efforts she gave. Thank you and bless you. We saw firsthand what Southern hospitality is! We would stay here again and will have already sung their praises to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Accommodations surpassed my expectations for the price...Staff was courteous, friendly and professional..would highly recommend this hotel. Spacious, Clean, Comfortable and Affordable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Best Westerns can be inconsistent as a brand, but this property is quite nice. Snagged a two-queen room for only $78 (including tax).

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The services and cleanliness of the rooms were very good. The staff was very friendly. The location of the hotel was located in an easy access to Raleigh I-440 and located in access of several food services. The rooms were very spacious. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: They have nice double beds with a microwave and refrig.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Keith P
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Our high school wrestling team stayed overnight at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and the service was wonderful. Nikki, the manager, went over and above in customer service. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I travel thru Raleigh several times a year and this was my first, and probably my only, stay here. The staff was very friendly. However, when checking in, the clerk also began assisting the people behind me at the same time. Apparently, the guys behind me were construction and stay here often, so she began processing them and talking to them at the same time. So I had her attention, then had to wait for them, then had her attention again, on and on. The clerk also had me wait while she took a phone call and spent several minutes giving the caller some price rates. I prefer someones attention when paying for a service. I did like, though, that once I checked in, they remembered my name and would acknowledge me by name when I passed thru the lobby, which was nice. The hotel does offer a breakfast, but it is very basic, a few bananas and packaged pastries, and could be improved on selection.

The room had a refrig, a microwave, an iron/board, and was spacious with a sitting area. The television in the room was ridiculously small. It was an old box tv and was just so tiny. The room was very basic and a bit outdated. The room was clean, but you would want to wear bedroom shoes, no walking on the carpet with bare feet. The location of this hotel is extremely inconvenient. First, there is a City bus stop right at the entrance of the parking lot. One morning, several males got off the bus, loitered around the parking lot, hanging around and touching the vechicles in the lot, one urinated in the bushes of the parking lot, and then they sat in the grassy area of the parking lot hanging out. I didn't want to exit the lobby until they left. Then, the hotel is located at a major intersection, making it timely and inconvenient to exit the hotel. When the light is green, the traffic is so thick, you really just have to dart out. When the light is red, the traffic blocks the entrance into the hotel. You can only go one way out of the hotel, so if you need to go in the opposite direction toward the City, then you have to get out of the lot and then make your way over several lanes to turn. There are a few restaurants and stores directly across the street, but, again, it is too difficult to get to them. Also, the noise from this road can be heard in the hotel at night when trying to sleep.

Simply, the hotel is clean, but outdated. The staff is friendly, but the location is not. I can stay elsewhere for the same price and get something more plush.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main intersection, at the back of the hotel, for less night noise. The...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelingTracey_10
raleighinn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh NE - Medical Ctr Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for your review and time taken

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I cannot imagine staying anywhere else when I visit Raleigh! The Manager, Niki, and Rockie are friendly, caring and professional everytime I vist. I think that I have stayed there about seven times and each time has been a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Raleigh hotels
Comfort Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
#23 of 87 in Raleigh

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh NE - Medical Ctr Area? Share your experiences!