“Overall stay is ok”

Ranked #50 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Overall stay is ok”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Tameka malloy is very sweet and she gives out alot great hospitality.
I am in room 323. I would like for the pool to be open and we would like better breakfast and have juice in the morning and have better cable

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Capitol Heights, Maryland
Reviewed 12 August 2013

As soon as we got there, our room had no lights. We was switched to another room that had a very bad garlic and smoke odor, then we was switched again to a handicapped accessible room that had only a shower, no bathtub and the AC location was close to the sofabed instead in a central location of the room. All three rooms have little to none amenities. Such as a few towels and washcloths (very thin and dingy); no toiletries, 1/2 roll of toilet tissue with no extra rolls, no pots and pans to cook with, very few silverware, no dish detergent, no dish scraper, no dish rag-only dishcloth, no ice trays, no ice bucket/machine. Sheets and bedspread had holes in them. I had to ask for everything and it seems that the front desk staff was annoyed by this. O' well! Hotel room seem to be unclean. Stovetop burners was leaning a little. Shower stall was not clean well and we did not see but one maintenance guy, which left once we arrived, and no house keeping staff until check-out. There was lots of small children and teenagers hanging in the parking lot and breakfast area of the hotel and running in the halls late night. This was the worst hotel stay that I have ever experience. I usually stay at extended stay hotels when I go away, but this particular location just turned me off. There was not class, hospitality or comfort given to the guest. I come to the conclusion that it was a hotel that needed more staff and geared to monthly stays. I will not recommend this location to anyone. Me and my family just wanted to relax, since we was coming from Washington, DC to take my daughter to Shaw University to school. What a aweful time. There was no continental breakfast avail during breakfast time and we were too scared to go to the pool since things were unclean. I was only given a small refund, but feel I should have gotten all my money back. I did ask to be transferred to another property location, but was told that the price was much higher and the availability was limited. Front desk staff as not very accommodating.

Room Tip: All three rooms were had experience was horrible. I think that extended stay hotels should have cer...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hampton
Reviewed 24 July 2013

As soon as I walked through the door, I was hit with the overwhelming stench of filth. When we arrived at our room, a housekeeper entered with us (which was very uncomfortable) so that she could put towels in our room (why wasn't the room ready before we arrived? we had a reservation). As she left, she sprayed the room with Lysol but that did not help with the odor at all. The kitchenette was disgusting and the couch was extremely dirty. We were able to go in the pool the night we arrived, but the next morning it was locked. When we asked the front desk when it would open, we were informed that the City of Raleigh had shut it down. This would've been nice to know BEFORE I allowed my 6 year old to swim in it the night before!! Why wasn't the door locked at that time like it was the following morning? I never would've allowed her to swim in a pool that was not up to City standards. The entire experience was terrible and I will never return to this hotel, nor will I recommend it to anyone unless they enjoy wallowing in filth, which I'm sure most people don't.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Great rooms, staff is well attending. Great coffee but only in the morning. Shequitta is very knowledgeable and very helpful to guests. Great security system. The manager Omar caters to the needs of the guest promptly.

Room Tip: 3rd floor all non-smoking. Manger bilingual in French and English
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Denton, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2012

It is clean, they do have a pool in doors and a fitness room. We were happy to see that they offered Continental breakfast. The guy Omar at the counter was great. The other older lady, not so much. Not very child friendly at all. The only issue I can say that we had was that there were teens and younger people running the halls all hours of the night, and when I tried to use the fitness room there were teenagers and a large male teenager that refused to get off the equipment even though all he was doing was texting on his phone. They had small children with them that were on the equipment also and this was after midnight! So, it isnt great but it is nice if you just want to sleep and get a small snack before you head out!

Room Tip: Get one away from the Pool area, too many kids running the halls!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
roadwarriornc, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Northeast, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Raleigh - Northeast. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The school bus pulls up to this dump every morning because there are so many people living here.I stayed there for work several times because the company I worked for had a deal with this place for 32 dollars a day. There were always people sitting in the hallways and you could smell marijuana sometimes when walking by certain rooms.The common area or breakfast area was a hangout for the hoodlums who live there and the breakfast buffet was a total joke.The rooms were not clean by a stretch of the immagination but I have seen worse (not much worse).A few times I had to leave at 5 am for work and there were always sketchy looking people in the parking lot hanging around.The only reason I gave this place a 1 is because tripadvisor doesn;t have anyhting lower.Do not go to this place if at all possible!

Room Tip: A good room to have at this place would not be on the ground floor so it wouldn't be easy to bre...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kvilletraveler_9
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Northeast, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Raleigh - Northeast. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Beds werent very comfy n neighbors down the hall were loud till pretty late.. However. Room was fairly clean and service was ok:)

• Stayed February 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Raleigh - Northeast. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.