“Comfort Suites Arena - Great Location”
Review of Arena Suites

Arena Suites
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Mount Airy, North Carolina, United States
“Comfort Suites Arena - Great Location”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Attended a meeting at NC State McKimmon Center and stayed at the Comfort Sutes Arena. Great location for the conference center and across the street from parking at the C. Richard Vaughn Towers at the arena. Nice breakfast selection provided as part of the hotel package; nice size, comfortable room. Desk clerk very helpful on suggesting places to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We spent a night at the hotel after the Hurricanes game at PNC Arena. The check in process was quick & easy with reservations. We could check in before the game, walk to the arena & skip the $10 parking fee next door. The room (227) was clean & comfortable. We had 2 queen beds, a seating area with a couch & chair, a nicely sized flat screen tv, a kitchenette & a roomy bathroom. Breakfast in the morning was adequate & they had something for everyone. Check out wasn't until noon which gave us plenty of time to get going. I rely on reviews before making a choice on hotels. I agree with the other reviewers. This is a great place to stay. We will be back soon. Let's Go Canes!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank rose1901
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed 9 February 2013

The Comfort Suites Arena is conveniently located across the street from the PNC Arena. The check-in was quick and efficient, and the staff throughout my stay were pleasant. The room was a nice size. There is a small dining area and living room on one side of the room. The living room has a couch, small chair and a coffee table. The dining area has a table, sink, refrigerator and microwave. The king bed was nice and comfortable.

The breakfast room was a good size, but still gets crowded in the morning. There is a decent selection, with both hot and cold choices. Local and national papers are also available.

The biggest issue with the hotel is the noise. There is a large gap at the bottom of the door leading into the room. As such, you can hear everyone in the hallway talking and doors closing at all times of the night. Even those who made an attempt to be quiet could be easily heard. This made it hard to get a good night's sleep.

If you are going to an event at the PNC Arena, the Comfort Suites is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice while visiting my son at NC State. While I've stayed at nicer hotels, this is a really good value for the area. The rooms are clean, comfortable and in good condition. In addition to your typical breakfast buffet, a "happy hour" with wine, beer, and snacks is also included. While my son has graduated, if I'm ever in the Raleigh area again, I would absolutely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank de4yanks
Louisville
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Rooms and hotel were nice, clean and spacious... However..Avoid Room 231 - issue with lock..
We arrived late, and during check-in were told that previous guests had issue with lock and if we did they would change the next morning. We had an issue as well, and hotel staff said they would change (never happened).... Everyone, except one staff member was super nice (female) and apologetic... She wanted to take us upstairs and demonstrate how to use the key (which was a little insulting)... Finally on the 3rd day they offered to move us to another room..

The hotel knows they have an issue with this room and lock from previous complaints from guests. Until resolved they should not rent it..

Room Tip: Room 231 has a problem with the lock....
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Southwest Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn – Arena for two nights while attending a football game at nearby Carter-Finley Stadium. I selected this hotel because of its close proximity to the Stadium and the PNC Arena. It is located just a short walk from both the stadium and arena. Unlike some accommodation located further away the rate I received for this “event weekend” was not inflated and extremely fair. Upon my arrival, I was met by very friendly front desk staff and my check-in was very quick and easy. My two room suite was extremely clean and well maintained with flat screen TV’s in both rooms. My suite featured a large kitchen area complete with a two burner stove, small refrigerator, microwave and sink as well as a roomy bar area. My king bed room was large and will kept, with the bed being well made. I did not consider my accommodation “dated” and “stale” as stated in some of the other reviews. I was very please with my accommodation. The only negative was the wireless internet didn’t seem to work all of the time however my room was equipped with an Ethernet cable which solved my connection problem. This hotel features a large breakfast area that never seemed crowded even though the hotel was full or near full during my two night stay. The breakfast area was well attended during the entire advertised time and featured the usual pastries, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice along with eggs, sausage, and gravy. I felt very safe and secure both at this hotel and in the surrounding area. As the manager stated in response to another review, this hotel is located in a business area and is well off of the main highway. I did not hear any street noise, however other guests could be heard moving around in adjacent room and overhead. I was lucky as none of the noise from other guest was distracting or annoying to the point that I felt that I needed to complain. Over all every employee I encountered, was very polite and professional, and went out of their way to accommodate my needs and to ensure that I enjoyed my stay. I really enjoyed my stay and when traveling to Raleigh in the future I will definitely return and recommend this Comfort Inn to my family and friends.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed 27 September 2012

ok, not a great hood.........hotel loud, dirty, needs a refresh.......smells stale.....staff very helpful though...i just am so tired of loud paper thin walls and this is one of them, no peace and quiet at all.

Room Tip: corner if possible as its so loud, be prepared to hear thy neighbors!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Sam V, General Manager at Arena Suites, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Although we are located across from the PNC Arena And Carter Finley Stadium, our hotel is nestled in a pristine and quiet surroundings, completely secluded from the external highway noises. In fact, we consistently receive compliments from many of our loyal guests, especially business executives and celebrities, about the tranquil nature of our location.

Furthermore, our neighborhood is surrounded by business parks and office buildings and is considered a safe suburb. Our solid brick structure and interior corridor building offers spacious suites with exquisite amenities. It is very unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations and we offer our profound apology.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Ramada Raleigh
Ramada Raleigh
#18 of 86 in Raleigh
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW

Been to Arena Suites? Share your experiences!