“Convenience is Key” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Lynchburg, VA
“Convenience is Key”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

My husband and I stayed one night at the Comfort Suites while in town to see our first pro hockey game. We could tell that was probably the primary focus of all the guests that evening obviously because of its proximity to the arena. We were so pleased to be within walking distance, and saving $10 on parking fees!
Check in was earlier than most hotels where we have stayed (2pm) and it was quick & easy. We were on the back side of the hotel on the second floor which had a tiny view of NC State stadium and not much else. The room was clean & large with a comfortable bed including lots of pillows with varied firmness & updated linens. The bathroom was large, but we thought the space was wasted with an odd arrangement. Though larger than say a pedestal sink, the vanity was still rather small not giving a lot of space to hold a lot of toiletries. For one evening this was fine, but would perhaps pose a problem with an extended stay.
We were able to keep a few things in the mini fridge provided, but my husband thought it didn't quite cool as well as hoped with our leftovers from walking to the Backyard Bistro and the couple of sodas we bought. On our floor the drink machine only took coins ($.75) for 12 oz cans. We probably could have gone downstairs to the front desk to make change, but we didn't bother. There is also a coin operated laundry room that we didn't use.
Breakfast included the usual cold cereals & oatmeal, pastries, a small fridge containing microwave sausage biscuits & yogurt, and they also prepared what we assumed to be powdered eggs. We didn't care for the eggs, but it was still nice to have that as a breakfast option. We hear they switch to make-your-own waffles for some days.
We paid around $100 through Choice Hotels which we thought was fair considering the nice accommodations and proximity to RBC. Having free wi-fi is also a big plus! Check out took a little longer than we hoped, but that wasn't a big issue. Even though there were a few things here and there that we would change we would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night while attending a concert at the RBC Center. This hotel is a good choice if you are going to an event at the arena, the stadium, or the fairgrounds as it is within easy walking distance to all three. Area restaurants are very limited but there are a couple you can also walk to. Room was clean and even though the hotel was full, it was very quiet. They serve a breakfast which is perfectly adequate. Over all, I was pleased with this property but the rates were somewhat pricey in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

This is our third trip to this hotel and once again we are very happy. The rooms are large, clean and we just love having the sitting area. Hard to believe you get 2 queens beds, sitting area and dining table with fridge for $89. This is by far the place to stay if you are in town for a Carolina Hurricanes game, just park the car and walk to the arena. The resturant is open again in front of the hotel to add a nice touch for dinner. They also have a nice breakfast each morning.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2009

A hotel conveniently close
Nothing special not the worst and not the best hotel I have ever stayed at, I got it on a good deal so I can’t complain, I travel a lot and I wanted to stay @ the closest hotel to the RBC Center .
And it sure is close definitely within walking distance. And there is a restaurant in the parking lot also I didn’t eat there but the menu looked good. Also a Wendy’s and a gas station just a block away.
The rooms are nice size the only thing I didn’t really like about the room was they have zero water pressure but that’s probably not even the hotels fault it took forever to take a shower lol, breakfast is the usual. And they have it looks like a nice size pool a workout room and a computer room with 2 computers for guests to use plenty of parking spaces.I would recommend it to you if you just need a place to rest you’re head for the night or have a show or game to go to so you don’t have to pay to park @ the RBC Center.
If you want a GREAT place to eat while there than go check out
Clyde Cooper's Barbecue its really good big portions and for cheap prices me and my husband spent 15$ there and got a ton of really great food and the the waiters there are super nice love it and will be back there for sure next time I come up . From the hotel or the RBC Center it’s only about a 10 min drive

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

Stayed at this hotel with friends to attend a concert and I was very pleased with the hotel. I thought it looked really dated and kind of gloomy in the pictures on the hotel website so I was a little unsure of what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. First of all this is THE place to stay if attending an event at RBC Center or Carter-Finley stadium. It really is a very short walk to both. Also within easy walking distance is a sports/bar grill (Backyard Bistro), a Wendy's, and a convenience store. The hotel has plenty of free parking for guests. We had a 2 queen room which has 2 comfortable beds, a tiny kitchenette area with microwave, sink, cabinets, and a dining table, a sofabed, and small/older TV. While not huge it was roomy enough. Being so close to the stadium and the crowds leaving it, I was a little worried that there would be a lot of noise as people left, but it was nice and quiet. Best of all was the staff, they were genuinely friendly, quick, and helpful to customers. Free wifi worked great. All in all a very nice stay and I'd go back any day. If I had to criticize anything I'd say the carpet and TVs could use some updating, but no biggie.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

Stayed there for the WWE RAW event with my 2 boys, ages 10 and 11. The hotel room was absolutely beautiful...The continental breakfast was very good.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night during our week in North Carolina. The hotel was ok. Our first room had a broken toilet and we had to move to a different room. The rooms were huge which is always a plus and relatively clean. The staff were pretty clueless about everything we asked about. It got to the point that we just didn't ask questions anymore because they basically didn't know any answers. Breakfast very mediocre at best. Halls in need of an update. I can sum it up by saying if you pay more than $80 a night for this room you're wasting money. Not the worst we stayed at, but needs a little work for sure. Also, not in walking distance to the fairgrounds like we were told.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Ramada Raleigh
Ramada Raleigh
#17 of 84 in Raleigh
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
Candlewood Suites Raleigh - Crabtree

Been to Comfort Suites Arena? Share your experiences!