“Beware - Not a 'Normal' Hotel”

WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Beware - Not a 'Normal' Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Value Place is not a value at all, when you consider that you have to empty your own trash cans, or you pay an extra fee. If you lose a door key-card, you pay an extra fee, etc., etc.
This is NOT a normal hotel. I reserved a room for 7 days @ the N. Raleigh site, and after being overwhelmed with the smell of smoke & scared by the drunken residents (that are mostly guys) - I checked out after 2 nights. I just assumed that I would only be charged for the 2 nights that I stayed - like at a normal hotel. But instead, I've been charged $326 (the weekly rate) for a 2 night stay! What kind of a value is that?
It's Very Hard to get anyone to return my calls, except for an assistant manager who told me that the website states a "minimum stay" of 7 days. Which it doesn't.
When you check in, they hand you a list of what Not to do - for example - Don't remain in the hotel when the fire alarms go off. You must evacuate the building. YIKES. I've never seen anything like it, in any hotel that I've stayed at.

Room Tip: Spend your money at a Real hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MFJ1
WoodSpringHotels, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest, responded to this review, 23 May 2016
We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us back in 2014. We do hope you will give us another try, as many things have changed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Navarre, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My first time in a Value place. They provide absolutely no service!!!!!!.
no one in the lobby when I checked in at 730 pm even though it says till 8pm. Had to call so the lobby phone to get service.
They do not clean your room or change sheet the entire stay unless you pay extra per week.
there is a small kitchen but you have to buy dishes and a coffee maker....
You pay extra for internet which is very slow and for the most part not even usable in my room.
God forbid if you put trash in the trash can by the door. they watch on video cameras and will charge you $25 for not using the dumpster in the back parking lot.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MM0yer
We are sorry to hear your stay with us in 2014 did not meet your expectations. We do apologize if our customer service was not up to standards. We wish you well on your future travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Needed a place to stay for 3 weeks and was able to move in immediately. The rooms have everything you need, and are quiet and clean. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. The location is convenient, ample room for parking, and the atmosphere is safe. Nobody may access the property without a key. Staff will come in and inspect the rooms to make sure nothing illicit is going on, which I appreciate, as I want assurance I am staying in a safe place. They make the effort to ensure that it's safe and no illegal practices are happening on the premises. I highly recommend Value Place if you have a short-term stay need in your near future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jawn H
First, thank you for choosing Value Place Raleigh North as your three week accomodation space. Second, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to create a pleasant environment for our guests, and it sounds like we were able to do that for you. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

The staff are all friendly and helpful, the room is immaculate. Even the other guests are awesome. I dropped my wallet, looked all over for it & It was actually returned to the staff after having fell out of my pocket in the parking lot. Nothing but good things to say about this property. Property manager Yvette has highest standards when it comes to customer service. I do recommend if your in the area & need a temporary residence @ a fair price, check out the value place in Raleigh.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Henry S
We can't thank you enough, Henry, for sharing you experience and story. We are happy your wallet was returned to you and you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will be a return guest to WoodSpring Hotels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

While staying at Value Place, we have experienced awesome staff who have been very helpful and nice. The room was clean and big. ( not many hotels have the room big enough to set up a play-pen.) We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank michelle d
Thank you, Michelle, for your review and feedback. We are excited to hear you enjoyed our staff and room. We hope you will choose WoodSpring Hotels again in the future.
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I got a new job in Raleigh. Since I own a house in another city, I thought staying here for few months till I get my house ready to sell was a good idea. The manager gave me the monthly rate, and she agreed to renew for me in the renewal date. In the day I was to pay for the new month they told me unless I agree to pay $300 more per month. I have to move out on the spot. It was a cheap attempt from the owner to exploit a guest.

I left work and moved out in my lunch break.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Moe H
We are sorry to hear your stay was met with inconveniences and your stay was not able to meet your expectations. We hope you finished your move and you are doing well.
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I made a reservation on 9-13-13 at 12.45pm i got yo hotel at 2pm. There were cops in front of hotel ..an incident had happened, and the front desk clerk was giving the police officer a list of all the occupants. According to the clerk this is routine for raleigh police get the list every week to check for people who should not be there. How private is your info at this hotel. Once i got past cops
I asked for my reservation which they had no record of and get this there was no available rooms! I just drove 20 miles to this hotel and the clerk stated she did not make reservation she did not know who did and the mgr was not there. I had to go to another hotel 30 miles away. Called back to speak to mgr..Yvette...terrible customer service skills she was to busy still dealing with police ln premises to address this oversight. Dont recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Intellione
We are sorry to hear you experienced issues during your check-in. We do hope you eventually were able to get in touch with the manager and things were squared away back in 2013. Hopefully, you will give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh - Wake Towne Drive
Super 8 Raleigh North East
Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel
Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#45 of 84 in Raleigh
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Northeast

Been to WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest? Share your experiences!