Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I had the extreme pleasure of staying with these great people for 9 1/2 weeks. I was training for a new position with a new company and was required to be away from home for this extended period. We all know, living out of suitcases is hard and trying. Here, in this location with these great people, it was not. I have stayed in boutique hotels all around the world and payed FAR greater rates to do so, the service at the Raleigh Hampton Inn Downtown, exceeded ALL of them in every imaginable way. When coming in late and tired a beer would be offered, I was allowed to keep some things in the office while on a quick two day trip home. Katie at the desk made me home made cookies to cheer me up. The list goes on and on. EVERY single person in this hotel greets you every time with a smile and asks how you are doing. The hotel is new, (Dec 2012) and VERY clean. I hope you all have the pleasure of staying here at least for a night, just to see what true hospitality is like. I have been a fan of Hampton Inn's and now I am a RAVING FAN! I will miss the people of this hotel and hope to run into them in the future. Kevin

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Kevin,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers! We sincerely enjoyed having you as our guest and I am so happy that we were able to make our hotel your home away from home! We sure do miss you around here and hope that you are enjoying your new job in Alaska! We hope to see you again in the future!

Maddy

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We wre here for two nights and LOVED the location, there are many bars, restaurants and clubs nearby, even a sweet gift shop with lots of unique hand made gifts in a nice range of prices, a few blocks away on Glenwood called Banjo Cat. Do try Plates for a meal-also on Glenwood. There was easy access to many main highways making it easy to travel witin the city/state if this is your base. The room like most Hampton Inn's was spotless, the gym was larger than most and there was a very clean indoor pool , what a plus. The hotel is pretty new and has a very comfortable lobby with two inviting sitting areas. I was intitially concerned about the proximity of the clubs to the hotel but did not encounter any problems the train which our room faced was noiser waking us up early one morning. While all the staff was pleasant and helpful Katie deserves special recognition, she was terrfic , warm and very helpful with directions and her overall upbeat attiitude . She made us feel like VIP guests , it was a real pleasure to interact with her. You should be aware that parking is across the street in a commerical lot . This was a problem during a heavy downpour and weekend nights when all of the hotel reserved and lower level parking spots were taken . It didn't feel dangerous just uncomforable when you are tired to have to walk down several levels back to the hotel ( in heels) there is not a direct connection into the hotel and there is an extra charge of $6.00 per day. This is the first time I have had to pay for parking at a Hampton Inn. Overall I would be happy to stay here again and probably will since I have family in the area .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Eve26,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will hopefully be seeing you again soon! I am so joyed that Katie provided such great service as she always does for you. She is one of many stars within our Front Office team! The service she provides still amazes even us and I will be ecstatic to share your feedback with her and the rest of our team.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the train waking you up early in the morning. For any future stays you may have with us, do not hesitate to call the hotel directly and request that we place you in a room away from the train. We always make sure to honor room requests when we are able.

Again, thank you very much for sharing you experience with other travelers!

Maddy

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a very clean hotel and everyone is very nice. The only problem we experienced was the noise of the train track that was next to the hotel. It is extremely loud and kept us up most of the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Teresa A,

Thank you very much for your nice review! Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Raleigh, we strive to provide world class hospitality and service.

I greatly apologize about the train the came through during your stay. If you would like, for any future reservations, do not hesitate to call us directly and ask for a room away from the railroad tracks. We always do our best to honor requests, especially when it come to room location.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a newly build, lovely hotel, with a well-trained staff. The problem is the neighboring clubs and their late night noise. We were unable to sleep until after 2AM due to loud music. The staff listened to us and offered to move us into a quieter room on the other side of the building. IF you stay here, call the hotel directly and ask for such a room.

Dear Carol W,

Thank you very much for your review! I greatly apologize about the noise disturbance that you experience from the surrounding venues. This is something that we are working on resolving with the neighborhood and with our owners. I am so happy that we were able to move you into a nicer, quieter room! I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay after that! Just like you said, do not hesitate to call us directly and request a quieter room on the other side of the building.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers and please accept my sincerest apologies again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Hotel was clean, front desk excellent and the location was convenient to downtown Raleligh. When making your reservation, be sure to request the back side of the hotel. Street side is noisy .... bar directly across the street !

Dear Nancy G,

Thank you very much for your review! I am so happy to read that your room was clean and you received great service from the front desk!

I greatly apologize about the noise that you experience from the surrounding venues. For any future reservations, do not hesitate to call the hotel directly and request a room on the opposite side of the hotel. We will make sure that you are placed in a nice, quiet room.

Again, thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel is relatively new and situated right in the middle of the town's night life - - an easy walk to great restaurants and night clubs. The rooms are very comfy and the staff is really friendly and parking is nearby. Great place!

Dear Thomas G,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers! We are, in fact, just a year old. Our one year anniversary was December 10th and we are excited about our 2nd year coming up! I am glad that you enjoyed our location. That is one of the many great aspects about our hotel, that it is located near many different restaurant and entertainment venues. It is hard to not find anything to do in this neighborhood! I am so thrilled to know that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

One of the few joints whose reality is as good as portrayed in their web presence. The staff was genuinely friendly, the room was spotless and clean down to the tiniest details. Literally nothing was wrong. And I usually find things wrong.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you great review! It is always our goal to provide world class hospitality, service, and product. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the service that we provide. It is great to know that you could not find anything wrong during your stay! Our team dedicates every minute to ensuring that our guests are taken care of and I am excited to share your comments with them!