“Best hotel stay ever!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We arrived early but the staff was very helpful. They took my luggage and parked my truck, all while I went to have brunch. My room was so clean, you could smell the cleanliness as you walked into the room. It was like being at home, only a lot quieter.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2014

Dear Jennifer R,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us and for taking the time to do so. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience and I am delighted to read about it! We are always trying our best to make sure our guests are well accommodated and the story you shared is a great example of that.
I loved your comment about how clean your room was, that you could smell it once you walked into your room. I very much look forward to sharing this with our housekeeping staff. They work very hard to ensure our guest rooms are fresh and clean for every guest.
Thank you again for your review! We always appreciate any feedback our guests can give us.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is a little off beat from direct downtown, but there are plenty of bars and restaurants within two blocks of the hotel. Parking is an extra $6.00 per day. The hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly. They have a 24 hr fitness center if your into that, indoor pool, small but works. The only negative is that if you get a room facing glen wood then the bar across the street has an outdoor patio and from about midnight until two am they have loud music and very loud customers, they woke us up every night between those hours. The hotel did provide earplugs but was just an annoyance we didn't want to have to deal with. If the hotel would have warned us at check in I would have asked for a quiet room. Overall very nice hotel for two star. The price is high but that Is what you pay for a clean place and new.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear crhallis,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with others! I greatly apologize about the noise disturbances that you experienced during your stay with us. I totally understand your disappointment. We are currently working with the merchants in the area, as well as, our owners to resolve the noise disturbances that occur. Other than the noise, I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our team dedicates all of their time to ensuring that our guests have anything they may need.

Thank you again for the lovely review!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have come to expect great service from booking reservations, reception at front desk when I check in, clean rooms, comfortable bed, nice rooms, free Wi-Fi, access to a business room if I don't bring my computer with me, great breakfast, and finally easy check out!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Marianne H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others! I am so excited to read that you experience was so smooth and enjoyable from the time of booking to check out. Our team dedicates all of their time to ensuring our guest have this type of an experience. We hope that we will get to see you again during your next visit to the Raleigh area!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

While the staff is very nice,the street sounds are very noisy as motorcycles raced up ad down this one block long street. The parking is alos not very accommodating for the handicapped. Across the street, the elevator directional signs weren't visible to me. When I asked the next morning, how to find the elevator in the garage,I followed the directions, and had to walk down a very dark construction hallway. (This was 6 am in July). Once again, no elevator to be found, so once again, 3 flights of stairs using my cane. When I went inside to get my luggage by the front desk, I noticed someone sleeping on one of the benches out front. These problems are not typical of other Hampton Inns where I've stayed, but I'll make sure that I won't stay at this one again!

Room Tip: Make sure you're not facing the street. So noisy that the hotel supplies earplugs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Imaginen,

I greatly apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with our parking and can understand your disappointment. We do offer valet service and I will be talking with our staff about why they did not offer to go get your car for you or park it for you. Thank you for informing us of this. There is an elevator in the parking structure that near the stairs. Since we are a downtown location, we offer the parking deck as our parking structure since we are unable to put a lot anywhere near us and we also share it with others in the neighborhood. However, I am happy to read that the staff was nice.

I also apologize that there was someone sleeping outside when you came in. Thank you for letting us know about this, as well. Since we are a downtown location, we do have to keep an eye on situations like that and we always call the authorities if that does occur. Situations like someone sleeping outside is not a common occurrence, especially since downtown Raleigh is actually a very safe area.

Again, I greatly apologize about your experience. Thank you for informing us of this so we can address your it with our team.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

As reflected in the title, this Hampton Inn is like most ones I've stayed in. The rooms were nice and the shower was very good. The service at the hotel was very good. The front desk was able to check me in prior to check in time. I had shipped some boxes, which they stored for me too. Love the free wifi too! The breakfast is one of my favorite parts of the Hampton Inn experience. They have a lot of options for breakfast including eggs, oatmeal, waffles, etc. One morning they had omelettes with meat mixed in, and as a vegetarian, I am unable to eat it. I mentioned it to the breakfast server and she whipped me up a fresh omelettes with out any meat. It was very kind of her and made me really enjoy the Hampton Inn experience. I also used the gym during my stay. It was nice and had a few different machines. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Deeannana,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful experience! The story that you shared about our breakfast attendant making you a vegetarian omelette is wonderful. That is an example of how far all of our staff is willing to go to make sure our guests have anything they may need or want.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Many families stayed here and all enjoyed their stay. Restaurants very convenient. We also were able to use the conference room so everyone could get together. The small children used the pool a couple days. Mot of the families were at the hotel for 3 nights. All of the workers there were very accommodating and were able to answer any questions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear 701janiced.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others! We always appreciate the feedback and lovely reviews!
I am so happy to read that you enjoyed and your families enjoyed your stay with us! We always love having wedding parties and their families stay with us. We feel like part of the family for the weekend. We hope to see you all again next time you are in the Triangle area!
Thank you again for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The front desk staff were very friendly and help. Several of them even recommended great dining spots that were nearby. The breakfast items were more than I expected. The self-serve parking garage is across the street from the hotel. So I would recommend checking in and dropping off your luggage before parking. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear James H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about our property! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff is always going out of their way to make sure our guests have everything they need and are very knowledgeable about the area.
Unlike some hotels, we actually provide a complimentary, hot buffet breakfast that our guests really enjoy.
Since we are a downtown location, our parking is in the parking deck across the street. We also suggest for guests to unload before parking, it makes the experience much more convenient. We have also recently added a part time valet/bellman to make the parking much more convenient.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with others! We hope we will get the chance to see you again soon during your next visit to Raleigh!