“Love going to ballet in Raleigh!”
Review of Carolina Ballet

Carolina Ballet
Ranked #7 of 19 Concerts & Shows in Raleigh
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The tickets are very affordable so I can see several ballets a year. Sometimes the dancers will give talks to the audience members and sometimes they are in the lobby dancing or taking pictures with the children (at shows that attract lots of kids) I only wish they could always have live music all of the time, but I know that budgets are tight these days.

There are newer reviews for Carolina Ballet

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We have been season ticket holders for the North Carolina Ballet. We have seen many shows and all have been wonderful but the latest performance of Rubies was fantastic!!! The costumes were stunning and the jazz style incorporated with traditional ballet was so much fun! Can't wait to see Romeo and Juliet & Sleeping a Beauty in the Spring!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We have been attending the Carolina Ballet at least once a year for the last 10. Having a rudimentary ballet background helps me to appreciate the fine artistry seen at each of the performances I've attended. I have been to ballets in some much larger areas and I would place this company right there with some of the best. They have three different venues in the triangle in which to perform. Last year we went to the Durham Performing Arts Center and were so happy we did, Watching the performance on a much larger stage from Grand Tier was magical. The costuming and sets are superb.Dancers are from all over the world and the artistic director has done a masterful job of building this world class ballet company.

1  Thank valfromcal
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have seen the company perform on several occasions and have never been disappointed. Their dancers are drawn from a number of different countries and perform with excellence. Their repertoire is varied and the choreography outstanding. A visit to Raleigh would not be complete for me if it did not include one or two performances. I visit from Europe and one of my first questions is 'Will there be a performance by the Carolina Ballet during my stay?'

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have seen a number of Nutcracker performances over the years, but this one was the best. We attended in December 2012. The set decorations, music, and dancing were all quite professional. This is a nice theater. Go enjoy.