“Excellent sushi, attentive staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Madison, Virginia
“Excellent sushi, attentive staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Tired, hungry after a long day's work, I put myself into Tsune-san's capable hands. From the first sip of the gen mai cha, I knew this was the real deal. Wonderful sushi, lovingly prepared. Oh! And oshitashi, too! (cooked cold spinach salad with bonito flakes) Most Japanese restaurants, alas, don't serve it these days. The really authentic ones do. I'll be back.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Been coming here for years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

The food here is so consistently delicious and fairly priced. We have been coming here for years. I don't eat sushi, but my husband enjoys it and says it is so fresh and good. I love the chicken box, salad with wonderful ginger dressing and miso soup. My daughter has grown up on it and loves it too. The service is great, restaurant is small and not fancy, but clean and nice atmosphere. One of our favorite special places for lunch.

• Visited May 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wonderful and Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

Nothing fancy as far as the decor and older building....but the food is superb! Wonderful owner that works as the chef every day and demands top service. Excellent quality food that is extremely authentic. My favorite sushi place by far.

Visited March 2011
“I love Japanese food and I have to say...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

I love Japanese food and I have to say that Sushi Tsune serves excellent authentic food. The restaurant is owned by a Japanese so that should tell you a lot. I go there for the udon, sashimi and their Saba. Delicious!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“First Sushi estab in Raleigh. Owner works everyday, all day and makes a point to get to know you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Sushi Tsune? Share your experiences!