“Upbeat atmosphere- great food”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,448 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Upbeat atmosphere- great food”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Irregardless is somewhat off the "beaten path" of downtown Raleigh and it is totally worth the few blocks of travel. The night I dined there they had a live jazz band which provided great entertainment. They have a delicious cocktail menu full of interesting drinks. Our waiter was pleasant and very helpful in ordering dinner and drinks. I will definitely go back.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Food and Live Music”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Irregardless. I ordered a seafood linguini dish that was amazing. I'm Italian, so I know. The white wine sauce was great, and it had shrimp, scallops, and mussels. My husband ordered the filet special, which came with zucchini and squash and garlic potatoes. He loved his steak and said he liked it better than the Agnus Barn, which we recently visited. Both dishes were 24-28$. The restaurant is farm-to-table and they have a full bar. We both had a drink and listened to the light, dinner music, which is provided every night. The staff and waitress was wonderful. We also went to the comedy club after dinner, which is located right next door if you are looking for something to do.

My only complaint is that atmosphere is more like a red lobster. I'm not sure why there are fish hanging from the ceiling, but I'm more into the food than the surroundings.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank uncwmel10
Rolesville, North Carolina
“We come back again and again...”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is without a doubt one of our favorite places to eat in Raleigh. The food is great and the service is wonderful. We've never had a bad meal or bad service. The music is great and it's easy to get to. I tried something different this visit. I usually have the Chili Relleno as it is so wonderful. But they had a steak salad as one of the specials and it was great. This is a must visit.

• Visited May 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Irregardless - My New Favorite”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Amazing menu for all tastes - vegetarian, vegan, meat lovers. Helpful, knowledgeable staff. Excellent service. Great atmosphere. Enjoyed the music. They offer a birthday discount on wine if you sign up beforehand - $17 towards a bottle of your choice. My new favorite!

• Visited May 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A+ for Jazz, Beer, and Tea”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a wonderful place! We were drawn in by the "Live Music" sign. The band was really good and played a mix of neo/soul jazz as well as more traditional jazz. I'm a jazz musician myself and can vouch that this were high quality jazz musicians. The beer menu was great and very detailed, listing where place that each beer was made. My mother also loved the tea menu and the fact that they bring out an entire pot of tea to the table! The flourless cake was delicious too! The servers were helpful and polite! I definitely recommend this place for anyone who wants a to have a truly unique dining experience. Also, anyone who is looking for a good place to hear jazz while in Raleigh should go here!

• Visited June 2014