“Warm setting, nice people, ok food”
Review of Piccola Italia

Piccola Italia
Ranked #213 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Locally family owned and operated since 1982. Serving traditional Italian dishes, along with fresh salads, soups, sandwiches and hand-tossed NY Style pizza. We have an extensive wine list and a selection of beers and hard cider. Offering a cozy, relaxed atmosphere for dinner with the family, date night or a business luncheon.
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This is my first time to this restaurant. The people here were so warm and friendly and the waitstaff was very attentive. The food is solid Italian-in terms of quality. I would recommend to the chef to go easy on the pesto sauce over the mushroom ravioli-- it was like ravioli soup. And it was pretty dark as well so the management should turn up the lights just a pinch so we can at least see what we were eating.

The food was good and all the ingredients in the salad or fresh. I would return.

1  Thank LightQueen

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went here for Cameron Villages Open House. It was delicious!!

The portions were very large and I asked for extra marinara sauce and got it!

The salad was wonderful and the meal was piping hot! Service, great!

I had a really good experience here, as did everyone else at our table!

5 stars! Thank you for a memorable meal. Can't wait to go back sometime.

1  Thank Beth W
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I'm fairly new to Raleigh and found Piccola Italia while musing through Cameron Village. Even without the name, you could tell from the exterior of the restaurant and the ambience within that this was an italian kitchen. Decided to sit outside for the meal and was greeted by the waiter in very little time. He was quite friendly and gave some assistance with the wine menu. I got the lasagna, which was a huge portion and tasted great! While waiting for the food to come out, I did witness several people roll up to pick up pizzas, so I'll have to try one from here soon. Throughout the meal the waiter and manager were quite attentive ensure adequate water and bread were available along with making sure the wine glass was not empty. There is a ton of value at this place as I was pretty surprised the final bill was so low.

At the end of the meal when considering dessert, the waiter had suggested a short walk over to a cupcake bakery just around the way (Sugarland of Raleigh). A great suggestion for a little something sweet without over-doing it (although the lasagna was huge...). I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for good italian food and great service. Ciao!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We love this restaurant. We had large salads and a pizza which were perfect. The wait staff are well trained and always pleasant. We have been eating here for 20 years and hopefully another 20 to come.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Had dinner here for the first time this week. Pizza was very good. My husband had pasta and said it was good as well. Love the fact my daughter could get her own gluten free pizza. Excellent service and friendly staff. They made you feel very welcome the minute you walked through the door. Will definitely return.