“Good Sushi, Bad Entrees”
Review of ShabaShabu

ShabaShabu
Ranked #161 of 1,525 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I decided to eat here last night while we were making a trip to Trader Joe's. We started with the sushi, which was pretty good. I ordered the Cashew Nut Chicken for an entree and my husband ordered the Teriyaki chicken, and both were really bad. The Cashew Nut Chicken had a really weird flavor that tasted pretty much like aluminum can, and the vegetables that came with the Teriyake chicken were basically inedible. I would go back to this place for sushi, but I won't be trying anymore entrees. The service was good, but the overall experience was not.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I always look forward to trying new sushi restaurants, and this offered a nice menu with Thai and Japanese selections. The have a wide selection of vegetarian options, and the members in our party complimented the waitress on the unique variety they offered.

Bogo sushi menu was also very nice, but BEWARE, if you have 6 or more in your party. If this is the case EVERYONE in your party must have sushi rolls, and there must be 1 single check. The BOGO doe NOT apply is the check is split (this is also on the menu) and 18% gratuity is automatically added.

Not sure I will return, unless with we are with a group of friends from Raleigh. Better sushi with more flexibility on bogo rolls and split checks can be found closer to chapel hill.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I've been here about 5 times and each time gets more and more underwhelming. Our fresh rolls barely had anything in them other than the vermicelli noodles. Service was fair. Entrees were acceptable, but the beef basil is an epic disappointment.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good place to eat ! very nice people, quiet and private. The food is full of tastiness and you allowed the time to enjoy it all....you don't feel rushed.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Every time we come back to Raleigh I make it my duty to come and get some sushi from this place. Beautiful decor and tasty food. If you go; you have to try the Fat Roll and Spider Roll. I will be back when I'm back in town.

1  Thank TheYankeei3

Been to ShabaShabu? Share your experiences!