“Never”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Never”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I attempted to stay at the Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills this past weekend. I say attempted, because I never was able to check into a room, even though I had a reservation.

I arrived at the hotel at approximately 5PM, and was told they had no clean rooms to give me. When I asked why, they stated the cleaning staff was backed up. They suggested I hang out nearby, and they would call me when a room was ready. I had brought my dog with me on this trip, and it was hot outside so I had to just drive around with him. They never called saying a room was ready, so some time around 7PM, I called customer service for Hyatt to file a complaint. Even customer service was shocked they still did not have a room. The agent I spoke with called the hotel directly, and they still could not give a time frame for when my room was ready. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand if the staff is a little late getting things cleaned up, but 7PM is not acceptable. I stay at hotels for business very often, and have never seen anything like this. I ended up having to be re-booked at a hotel across town, which was not comparable. The Hyatt House was close to several restaurants and a Target. The hotel I was re-booked at was in the middle of a business park, with only a gas station nearby.

The customer service department was very nice, and very accomodating. The people at the second hotel were nice as well.

Unfortunately, I will not be attempting to stay at this hotel again. I usually don't have a problem giving 2nd chances, but the 1st impression they gave me doesn't warrant one. Hopefully they get their act together, because it looks like a nice place and it is in a great location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank J W
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear J W,

We sincerely regret your experience. I apologize that we did not have a room ready for your arrival. I’m happy to hear that you found Hilton customer service accommodating. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided; I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional stay our guests have come to expect. Again, my sincere apologies and thank you for taking the time to write.

Jason Andrews

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We were in Raleigh for a wedding. This hotel was very clean, in a great location and the staff was great! There are many restaurants and shops in walking distance. The pool is great and the staff was super friendly and very helpful! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Thoen,

Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. Reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience, as well as talking points to commend our staff. I’m delighted to know you enjoyed our clean rooms, convenient location and helpful staff. Thank for taking the time to review your experience and we hope to see you again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had about 18 guestrooms booked at this hotel for my out of town guests for a June wedding in Raleigh and we had the best time at this hotel. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating, the Sales staff was responsive and kept in good communication on my special requests. The rooms were new, clean and a great layout - love the kitchen, living, bedroom and bathroom floor plan! The North Hills location is great for out of towners offering many restaurants, salons, shopping and even a grocery store. The breakfast buffet was fabulous as well. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. We are pleased to hear you found our rooms comfortable and our staff accommodating. I’m glad we were able to be a part of your special day. Our team strives to make every stay memorable and we continue to seek new ways to positively impact the guest experience; thank you for sharing your feedback. Congratulations and we hope to hope you again soon.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its location, price and proximity to restaurants, shopping, etc. I had no idea each room had a small kitchen, big island-table and a sofa seating area. Hotel amenities are amazing, too! Wish we were staying longer!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. We are pleased to hear you found our amenities amazing and our location convenient. I’m glad you were able to explore the area. I will be sure to share your kind remarks; we look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,
NC
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I have been working in Raleigh for 2 1/2 years and stayed in practically every decent hotel in all areas of town. This is the very best hands down. From the excellent facility, to the location, coupled with outstanding service, the entire team has gone out of their way to treat me like family.
The only thing that would make this hotel any better is if the ocean was located right behind it.
For someone that spends 200+nights a year in a hotel, it is a real pleasure to stay with the great folks at this Hyatt House location. Please stop by and visit Tiffany at the bar on your next visit here. She represents the hotel exceptionally well and provides excellent customer service. Order a cheeseburger while you are there. They are phenomenal.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bear63Nc
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is particularly special coming from a seasoned traveler. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. I will share your kind comments with Tiffany. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family and I recently moved from Raleigh, the same area as this hotel. While living in Raleigh we rarely had to experience staying in local hotels so this trip was a little bitter sweet. Staying in Raleigh for the 1st time as out of towners. After scouring the city for hotels that would not disappoint we were directed to try out the new Hyatt House in N. Hills. instantly anyone that is familiar with Raleigh knows this is considered by some to be one of Raleigh's premier area's/neighborhoods. With plenty of shopping boutiques, and fine dining you are sure to feel like a million bucks. Anyhow back to the hotel. It was very refreshing walking into an open concept very chic lobby that included a pool table, comfortable outside sitting area with fire pit . We were staying on the 7th floor (highest floor in the building). Stepping off the elevator I was taken aback by the smell of mildew towels or something that just didn't smell right. This was short lived as I walked into our room. It was very spacey with a living room that had a 42 in tv, full kitchen that included a full size refrigerator, eat in kitchen table, etc. A separate bed room with king size bed that included a sexy bathroom with excellent lighting!!( I'm sure the women can appreciate that), very roomy shower that I'm sure could hold 2 people. Lastly to top everything off the next morning a breakfast bar with made to order omelets and a 12p check out time made our trip that much better. This hotel in convenient to everything, shopping, movies, bowling, target, ABC stores, grocery stores...anything your heart could desire within walking distance. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Simplyone_25
Sincere thanks for your enthusiastic feedback regarding your recent experience. We are thrilled your first visit was memorable, and that your experience at Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills played a part. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here while attending the US Open. Very clean, nicely decorated. Great free breakfast daily, including tailor made omelets. Loved our room! Very spacious suite with convenient kitchen. Location was perfect for our needs. Located in open shopping area, within walking distance of several restaurants, stores, movie theater, and groceries. And very close to interstate. Reasonable rates. Nice outside pool, workout room, and even a pool table!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah C
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Deborah C,
Thank you for writing such nice feedback about our accommodations and amenities at Hyatt House Raleigh. We know you have many choices when traveling to the area and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your hotel needs while attending the US Open. Please plan to visit us again in the future! Thank you again for your positive review!

Kind regards,