“Good but a few minor hiccups”
Review of Winston's Grille

Winston's Grille
Ranked #17 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Forest Rd.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was out first trip to Winston's. We arrived at 5 Friday night. We were the only group of two seated at a two top table, everyone else was at a 4 top and there were 5 4 tops available. I guess we didn't look like we could eat enough to deserve a 4 top. I had ben told that eating outside at Winston's was not good, too much road noise. I think the foliage grown enough has grown that you don't hear the road noise, it wasn't a problem. My two complainants besides the small table are the napkins and the service after we received our food. I was wearing a white dress and was given a black napkin and not offered white napkin. I went home with black crap on my dress from the napkin. If you want to advertise yourself as fine dining, you HAVE to offer white napkins. My husband and I both ordered the steak special, a ribeye, rare. The steak came., we cut into it, it was done perfectly. BUT, not once did our waitress ask if our steaks were done to our liking...did they just assume they were? Maybe I'm spoiled, but I like being asked if my steak is done ok, especially since I want it done rare...

It's close to home, I want to love this place...just a few minor irritating errors, something easily fixed! Will go back again! Love the Sauvignon Blanc wine they sell by the glass! Oh, and even though I was not asked how my food was, it was very good! Definitely a go to again place!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We love Winston's. It's in North Raleigh and we go there quite often. They have a varied menu and brunch served on Sunday's. There is outside seating and if you get the tables near the rear of the building the traffic is not as loud as near the front entrance. They do accept reservations but for Sun brunch you have to call on Sat. On Sunday's they bring blueberry muffins to the table and they are great. Their yeast rolls at dinner are delicious too. They have a great staff and I have never been disappointed in the service. They do make their own yummy ice cream so be sure and try it. There are a few semi private rooms and we have used them for special occasions. I do love their brunch pork tenderloin with grits and collards. I don't like collards so they substitute asparagus for me. Their appetizer shrimp is just like Bonefish's Bang Bang shrimp and very good. They have an extensive list of salads and lunch or dinner has everything from prime ribs to sandwiches, all reasonably priced. A good place to go for a good meal.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I watched the US Soccer team lose in the bar.

Was a great venue to watch the game, and enjoyed the event tremendously.
Then we had a tasty dinner, with good wine, in a very cozy both.
Excellent evening - all the way around.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Been to Winston's several times and have had delicious meals each time. I usually order their london broil but have also had their crab omelette. The servings are generous and the service is always friendly and professional. Atmosphere is family friendly and casual. I appreciate that whenever I go to Winston's I will have a meal that is consistently well cooked and delicious. They do not have espresso but their coffee is very good.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I came to Winstons with a large party and it was great. The food was excellent. The service was great. We had our own private room in the back of the restaurant. It was a very relaxing atmosphere. The appetizers were outstanding! The crab dip, and also the Jam Jam Shrimp are the best! As for the entres, i was very impressed, as was the rest of my party. Our drinks were always full as the servers were always there to refill them if they got low. Overall Excellent restaurant!

3  Thank Jsmith3756