“Fantastic Flatbread”

Bella Monica Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monica Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I ate here for a business lunch and had the small Frisco flatbread pizza. The favors were delicious and the bread was light and crispy. The small was enough for one person, but if you are really hungry you might want to add a salad. The bread which came with the meal was addictive. Can't wait to return for dinner with my husband.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I went here for dinner and found this place to be one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. I have eaten lunch here on occasion and always had a good experience but, this was the first time we tried dinner. The restaurant is unique in that the layout and decor are very ordinary but, the food and service are superior. Generally when we go to a "fine" restaurant we enter more upscale surroundings. The menu is fairly standard for a good Italian restaurant but, the specials offered were extraordinary. We both had salads; my wife the Caesar and I the goat cheese. Both were definitely above average. My wife ordered the seafood special that included Mussels, shrimp, tilefish, and one or two other items. She said it was one of the best meals she has had in some time. I ordered the Lobster Ravioli special and enjoyed it a lot although I found it just a little too salty. They have a pretty good wine selection. The Tiramusu was really top notch and they had some great sounding dessert specials. All in all I would highly recommend Bella Monica. Be sure to make reservations in advance though.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place is located within a grocery anchored strip mall, but don't let that fool you. The food is great and the staff are friendly. The menu has good salads, appetizers and pasta. Prices are very reasonable. Can't wait to visit again to try more from the the menu. Good for families, clean restrooms, good parking.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was in Raleigh on business and met some friends for dinner. The location is odd, as the restaurant is in a grocery-anchored shopping plaza. I was surprised by the depth of the Italian wine list and thought it was very reasonably priced. My entree and the wine were delicious.

Here are my complaints.... We sat outside. The parking lot was being repaved, and they started the work after we had finished dinner, but were still outside chatting and enjoying our wine. The restaurant should have known this work was going to be performed and let us know prior to the beginning of the meal, so we could have sat inside. My second complaint was that our waitress didn't seem to know much about Italian food or wine. I asked her to recommend an appetizer. I went with her recommendation, but I thought it was very bland. I mentioned it to her, with which she replied, "Do you want me to put some black pepper on it?"

1  Thank Darci M
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

What a great restaurant. Food is amazing. Staff is super friendly. My husband and I went here for our anniversary and had a fantastic time.