“Slightly disappointed”

Bella Monica Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monica Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,446 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I chose this restaurant because of other reviews. I got take out from Bella Monica- salad and a flat bread on a week night. They were very helpful on the phone answering questions since I had never been to the place before. Although the spinach salad had lot of interesting toppings, it wasn't overall very tasty. Something about it just didn't seem appealing, especially after paying $9 for it. My flatbread was okay, but very salty for my salt-lovin' pallet.

I would go back if I was in the area to try something else, but I wasn't very impressed overall with these two menu items.

• Visited July 2014

Charlotte
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

A little difficult to find - just look for 'pizza' on the bldg. it's definitely worth it. The food is very good and I found the service to be solid. We went right before they closed and the staff treated is as kindly as the first customers of the day.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a fantastic find..........”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Friend recommended Bella Monica to me and what a treat..........was warned ahead that would have a wait on a Friday nite ...... But wait staff helped with a wine selection and we were seated in no time.....Ateo was superb...both of our entrees were great........best lasagne that I have had in a long time.......
Rachel , our server was very pleasant and helpful.......can't wait to return

• Visited June 2014
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Fantastic Flatbread”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I ate here for a business lunch and had the small Frisco flatbread pizza. The favors were delicious and the bread was light and crispy. The small was enough for one person, but if you are really hungry you might want to add a salad. The bread which came with the meal was addictive. Can't wait to return for dinner with my husband.

Visited June 2014
Santa Monica, California
“A cut above”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I went here for dinner and found this place to be one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. I have eaten lunch here on occasion and always had a good experience but, this was the first time we tried dinner. The restaurant is unique in that the layout and decor are very ordinary but, the food and service are superior. Generally when we go to a "fine" restaurant we enter more upscale surroundings. The menu is fairly standard for a good Italian restaurant but, the specials offered were extraordinary. We both had salads; my wife the Caesar and I the goat cheese. Both were definitely above average. My wife ordered the seafood special that included Mussels, shrimp, tilefish, and one or two other items. She said it was one of the best meals she has had in some time. I ordered the Lobster Ravioli special and enjoyed it a lot although I found it just a little too salty. They have a pretty good wine selection. The Tiramusu was really top notch and they had some great sounding dessert specials. All in all I would highly recommend Bella Monica. Be sure to make reservations in advance though.

• Visited June 2014