“A Hidden Gem!!”

Seaboard Cafe
Ranked #240 of 1,448 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Weaverville, North Carolina
“A Hidden Gem!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Seaboard is a favorite sandwich shop for the locals with a simple menu but varied menu. The staff is courteous and efficient and the setting is unique!

Visited September 2013

Too far from home
“I don't understand the appeal”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The restaurant was busy on a cold rainy day. The food was mediocre. Service was just alright. I don't understand the appeal. I think that the restaurant appeals to the female crowd. If my coworker had not recommended, this would not be in my top 500 places to go.

• Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Unique and charming lunch spot”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I love this place. Definitely one of my favorite lunch spots in Raleigh on a nice day.

Sure, it's a little pricey for the fare. But they treat you like family and the food is consistently delicious.

I love that they have fresh herbs to add to your lemonade or tea. I love the pickled carrots. I love that you sit outside in the middle of the best garden center in town. I love Rick!

Their veggie sandwich is my favorite - I try to make it at home all the time. The grilled chicken sandwich is yummy and I hear the same about the burger. The potato and pasta salads never disappoint. The specials are always good. And let's not even talk about the tempting pastries at the checkout counter. Divine! It's also not unusual to see local TV journalists or politicians here, if you're into that sort of thing.

I think the charm and nomminess make it worth the wait in line and the extra couple bucks, for sure.

Don't forget to tip your runner!

• Visited March 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Good food, okay service”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The food is really good, the service is not always good. Meals are always prepared fresh, really nice ingredients, flavors are really good. There are some waitstaff who are not professional, some who are not all that friendly. The hostesses are hit and miss, as well. It's a shame because it's a great space and the food is really good. The only time we eat there now is if we are out-voted by co-workers.

Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice Little Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This cafe is located within the Logan Trading Company, which is a garden nursery that sells small gifts too. The atmosphere is nice, as there are tables spread out among some of the plants, and you can browse before or after getting your food. The waitstaff at this restaurant were "Johnny on the spot" when we visited, efficiently taking orders for our table, bringing out our food, offering to refill drinks, etc. Service was quite good. The food was good too, with various soups and sandwiches. Nice for a change from the ordinary. Check Logan's hours, though, as they seem to be closed at odd times when you would expect them to be open. Pretty sure this cafe is lunch-only.

Visited May 2013

Been to Seaboard Cafe? Share your experiences!