“All You Can Eat of Whatever You'd Like” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #874 of 1,439 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A unique place where you become the chef. Create your own stir-fry and have our grill masters cook it up right in front of you. We use only fresh produce on the veggie line and nothing contains MSG. So come on by and stir something up today...and don't forget to ring the gong!
Drexel Hill, PA
“All You Can Eat of Whatever You'd Like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

OK, I'm not a fan of going to buffets. In fact, I avoid them. But I remember eating at a Mongolian Hot Pot restaurant many years ago (in a country far, far away) and enjoying the experience. So I was tempted to try Crazy Fire, as I was driving right past the restaurant as I was coming and going to our hotel.

I'm really glad we decided to re-try the Hot Pot. The depth of the number of items, sauces and spices was staggering. I'd suggest that one peruse all of the vegetables, proteins and carbs before filling your bowl with whatever you would like to be cooked on the hot pot. Be careful with your choice of oils and spices, because the finished product could pack quite a spicy punch if you're not ready for it, or not used to hot foods.

I don't want to scare off folks who don't like spicy food, as you can choose your meal based on non-spicy alternatives, too!

Being a "meat-atarian," and loving noodles, I threw together a melange of pasta, seafood, beef and chicken, mixed with a few veggies to give the whole thing some color and crunch. I took a wild guess on which oils and spices to use, but I love curry, so I loaded that on with some cayenne pepper.

At the time I arrived at the hot pot, the circle around the cooks was jammed with people and I had to wait a short time for the cooks to empty my bowls onto the pot to start cooking. I estimate the entire wait, including cooking time, was less than 10 minutes. In addition to the stuff you chose to put in your meal, you have the option of adding rice and they will fry your rice if you prefer.

The cooks definitely have an art of wielding their knives, keeping each individual serving separated, and cooking the ingredients to perfection. I especially enjoyed watching how they deal with the servings that included eggs.

Ultimately, my meal smelled, looked and tasted great. I lucked out with my guess of combinations of oils and spices. I was stuffed after eating one serving (filling two bowls!), but my daughter and son-in-law went back for seconds. My daughter is an almost-vegetarian, and she loved the entire experience, from selecting ingredients, to watching the preparation, to eating the meal.

For dinner, the cost was something like $11.95/person with the one price including all you could eat. Wasn't sure how to tip, so I tipped the cooks 1/2 and the waitress 1/2.

All in all, it was a great meal and we would definitely return in the future!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Kaysville, Utah
“Used to be great, not anymore”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I don't know what they did, but for starters the food isn't as good as it used to be. Then they changed their rice....bad move. Their pricing used to be the same all the time and now they charge more on the weekends. I was completely shocked at how bad they turned out to be. I won't be going back anymore after my last visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Beth112012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is a pretty good Mongolian grill. They have a good variety of ingredients. Unfortunately, they don't have brown rice. Overall, it was ok but not something I am excited to eat again.

Visited November 2012
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

What a great place to eat! Loved the whole experience! The food was fresh...the sauces were delicious with a big variety. The chefs put on a nice show too!

Visited November 2012
charlotte, nc
“Good is good, but nothing to make a big deal of.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

I visited the restaurant today with a friend who ranted and raved about the food.

It is a stir fry restaurant, where you go to a food buffet bar and select the vegetables, meats, and then sauces you want in your stir fry.

You then take it to a cooking area where the staff cook your food.

The good is good. I would eat here again, but if I lived in the area, it is not anywhere I would take anyone as a "have to have it" type place. I also doubt it is the type of place I will still be ranting and raving about six to nine months from now, but again, it is good, so you will not walk away thinking it is nasty or of poor quality.

Our wait staff was attentive and friendly enough.

Lunch was about $12 each.

• Visited November 2012