“Consistently great sushi”

Ranked #339 of 1,526 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Several years ago, my wife and I were introduced to sushi; it has become as close to an addiction as we've ever had. We travel a good bit, and love to try new sushi places whenever given the chance. Sushi-Thai in Cary is our consistent go to when we're at home. Excellent food, excellent staff, creative menu - just solid every single time. My kids, beginning when our youngest was about 5 years old, love Sushi-Thai as well!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I heard good things about this place from friends and had been meaning to go, though had never been. I needed some takeout and decided to give them a try; here’s what I thought.

Prices – Given what they are offering, and that this is Raleigh and not New York, their prices are on the high side.
Service – I had to wait about 10 minutes to order, as only one of the four people standing around was qualified to take a takeout order...and she was on the phone. It took another 20 minutes to get my order, which came without chopsticks. Shouldn’t this be a given?
Food – I ordered the Penang Curry Chicken; it was mediocre in flavor and in a plastic container wrapped in cellophane (completely soaked underneath, what a mess). It also came with the smallest portion of rice that could be imagined, they must have scooped it with a melon baller. If they were trying to cut costs, I would think rice would be the last thing they would cut back on, though who knows.

I blame myself; I should have known that any Asian restaurant that tries to serve more than one culture will fail at all. To be fair, I have not tried their sushi. Maybe Raleigh tastes are different than in other parts of the country / world, though this restaurant is far from something I would recommend to others…especially friends.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Every time we are in the area we HAVE to eat at Sushi Thai. They have great sushi rolls and wonderful Thai food as well. Best spicy mayo around too... I think they must put a bit of wasabi in it and that really jazzes it up.

Try the Sweet 16 roll. Also they've been running a special on Saturdays that all appetizers are half off all day. This is a great deal, as they have some very creative and delicious appetizers. Sushi lovers will particularly enjoy the Spicy Tuna Sandwich.

Another reviewer, Wolfpacker34, said that the location is wrong on this listing and this restaurant is in Cary. That's actually not entirely true. There IS a Cary restaurant by the same name off of Kildaire Farm road (which is also wonderful) but the two restaurants are NOT run by the same people. The menu is different between the two and last I checked, the Cary one did not offer BOGO sushi rolls, whereas the Raleigh location does.

1  Thank DebCinkus
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We go to this restaurant somewhat often because it's good food, it offers both sushi and Thai food so a mixed group can all find good options, and they have great prices because of BOGO deals on even fancy rolls. I personally love the Shrimp Masaman Curry, my friend loves the Dynamite Roll, my husband loves the fancier spicy tuna rolls, and my kids like the Fashion and TNT rolls. Ignore the iffy strip mall because it's charmingly decorated with yummy food.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Everytime I go to sushi-thai the food is great and the buy one get one Free rolls is a great deal! Great service and nice atmospher too!